showing ??? instead of utf_8 fonts

showing ??? instead of utf_8 fonts

by میترا کریم زاده -
Number of replies: 3
hi every body
i have installed moodle with fantastico utility in c panel ....my language pack is ok and works normally ...but when i try to write some Arabic text in the site , every thing is shown with question mark , like this ??? ....pleas help mesad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to میترا کریم زاده

જઃ showing ??? instead of utf_8 fonts

by Dr. Amitkumar Mali -
Hi,
I had a problem with my moodle site on which i used fantastico to install moodle script. I had a problem with my Gujarati language pack, My site and cources showed only ???? instead of characters.
I spent 2 to 3 days to find its solutions on net but none of the solution (specially run a script )worked as I have no knowledge of PHP or SQL .

then ,

I remove the moodle installed by fantastico and upload the moodle to my site and then just run the install.php, follow the instructions from installing moodle (http://docs.moodle.org/en/Installing_Moodle) [ frankly speaking, I did not understand any script but just read the Creating the data directory and Run the installer script to create config.php and run the page on my server ] and BINGObiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif It was done perfectly. Now both moodle interface and my cource content is visible perfectly in Gujarati.

Cheers

Amit Mali
In reply to Dr. Amitkumar Mali

پاسخ برای: જઃ showing ??? instead of utf_8 fonts

by میترا کریم زاده -

thanks alot amit for your answer...but this problem is not only with the site that i have installed with fantastico....we have a moodle1.6 in our server that is installed manually  ...in some of the user profiles there are alot of disorders in the fonts ...some of them are shown like this ???...and some are shown withe some charachters that are more like shapes.......but the others are as normal...thank you again ;)wink 

In reply to میترا کریم زاده

જઃ پاسخ برای: જઃ showing ??? instead of utf_8 fonts

by Dr. Amitkumar Mali -
hi
i m not much familiar with coding or mysql. but i faced similar problems with my moodle site and local server.
first do u use unicode type characters for your language pack?
what browser u use?
unicode is supported by Internet Explorer 6 and later editions of IE, and firefox 1.5 and later versions. so if u use older versions of the browsers u need to update them . one more thing unicode is supported by windows xp and vista. but if u r running older version of windows you might need to consult some expert. if u use xp than u have to enable language support. and for firefox u can install language support from its tools--->options ----> content ---> language tabs.
try out some of these hope this informations are helpful to u

Amit