Farsi language

Farsi language

by adel Ghazikhani -
Number of replies: 9
I am trying to translate moodle into Farsi.<br />I am editing the files in lang/fa.Some of the things that I have edited are not shown properly,I have checked the files and recognized that where ever the files contain the function p() that is defined in weblib.php,the characters are not shown correctly and only the codes of the certain charset are shown for example &amp;#1607;.I want to change this function to print_string but after editing the files everything goes wrong what can I do?<br />Thank you<br />Adel
Average of ratings: -
In reply to adel Ghazikhani

Re: Farsi language

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's possible the language files were created with the wrong character set ... can you please post and attach your moodle.php?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by adel Ghazikhani -

Hi

I have sent you moodle.php,

I should remind you that only some of the characters are displayed wrongly not all and when I checked wherever the htmlspecialchars function is used the codes are displayed.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Does it work better if you use utf-8 as the encoding (in the string 'thischarset')?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Any luck with the Farsi translation?  Can I help with anything?

by mandana noroozi -

Hi;

I use  Moodle 1.8 + (2007021503) now and have big problem in tarnslating moodle in Persian!

I translate moodle text (language editing/edit words or phrases) but after each updating, all of my translation phrases lost! and i should translate them again!

it's terribel mixed and i don't know how can i solve this problem. when i want to translate words I switch lang directory and Save file into folder :fa_utf8_local .

but after updating my moodle in newer version, i should translate many phrasese again!

can you give me any suggestion about this problem?

Best,

Mandana

In reply to mandana noroozi

پاسخ برای: Re: Farsi language

by میترا کریم زاده -
hi mandana ...they are note losed ...if you go to lang directory you will find them in another name
the problem is that when translating the pack you press move to local button ...i had the same problem ;)

by saeed s -
hi
i will be glad to help you in translating it into farsi.i am not familier with php but i can learn soon and i know english well i wanted to do that but i didnt know how.this is my email address: saeed.amandadi@gmail.com
mail me if you would like me to help you .
In reply to saeed s

by Thomas Robb -
You were looking at some very old postings. The Farsi module in UTF-8 format already exists. You should be able to set these pages to Farsi and then see how good the translations are.