User Pictures "lost" in upgrade

User Pictures "lost" in upgrade

by Sam Fisher -
Number of replies: 3
I upgraded to 1.3.4 from 1.3.3 with no real problems except for a minor one. The links to the user pictures was  broken. In the previous upgrade I made I didn't have the problem. I uploaded a new  picture for myself and it is displayed.

I assume the files for the user pictures are in a directory folder someplace but I couldn't find them. Any suggestions?

Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Fisher

Re: User Pictures "lost" in upgrade

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
They should be underneath...

$CFG->moodledata/users

after that you get a numbered directory for each user with two jpegs therein, one for each size of picture. I would see if they are there for a start.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jim Hardy -
Well, I didn't even try to upload user pictures until upgrading. Both pictures are where they should be but still can't be accessed. Then again, no images seem accessable from moodledata. However, I know that the server has access since the backups show up just fine.

Obviously I've screwed up somehow but have no idea what to do next.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Sam Fisher -
I found the "lost" pictures in at: moodle / uploaddata / users /

I copied the USERS folder from the the previous Moodle version (I always keep a copy of the old version) into the UPLOADDATA folder in the new version. The pictures all show up.

Thanks for the help. big grin

Sam