Peers cannot see submissions, but the teacher can.

Peers cannot see submissions, but the teacher can.

by Agam Nag -
Number of replies: 3

Hello:

I have 49 students in th class divided into 13 groups. The submissions are spread over 13 weeks with one group (3-4 students) making submissions every week. Thus, in any given week there are 3-4 submissions that need to be assessed by about 45 peers. The 13 workshops are separate and open and close within the week. (Because I don't know if it would be a good idea to keep it open for 13 weeks, etc.).

I have tried various combintions of no of assessments (3,4,13,20) with over allocation (0,1,2) etc. Leauge table was set from 0 to all the way upto 50 and no groups. It works erratically. Some students can see, most cannot. Or no student can see only teacher can. From what I understand, the number of assessments should be 3 with over allocation preferably 1 or 2.

Changing dates etc does create problems but I find this problem even if I create a new workshop and enter dates only once.

Any clue what must be happening?

Thanks

AN

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Agam Nag

Re: Peers cannot see submissions, but the teacher can.

by Peter Gossman -

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem as Agam except that I can see an error message 'could not insert workshop assignment' in my dummy student login.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Peter

In reply to Peter Gossman

by Lee Briggs -
I'm also having a similar problem.

No matter what combination of assessments and over allocation I try, there doesn't seem to ever be the option for students to see assessments, they never get other students work to review. I'm aware of the 30 minute time gap between end of submissions and start of assessments but even when using that, they still don't get anything to review.

Can anyone shed any light on this?
In reply to Lee Briggs

by David Hogg -
I also thought I'd cracked this problem using the 30 minute time difference but I have some students who can evaluate peers work and others who are unable to do this. It makes no sense sad