When trying to view a course, page redirects to main page

When trying to view a course, page redirects to main page

by Anthony Bollino -
Number of replies: 0

Our hosting company recently upgraded to PHP 5.x.  At some point during the upgrade - I don't know how, the permission on the /classes/config.php file changed to 640.  I saw the following error message when trying to access www.tjmiddle.org/classes:
Warning: require_once(../config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tjmienet/public_html/classes/course/view.php on line 5
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tjmienet/public_html/classes/course/view.php on line 5

I changed the config.php permission back to 644 and the site appeared to load normally.  However, we cannot log in.  I can log into the Moodle site using my Moodle username and password but it returns me to the main page and indicates that I have not logged in.  The same thing happens if I want to view courses as a guest - which is allowed in almost all courses.

I updated the Moddle installation in hopes that would "fix" the problem.  The upgrade was something I was going to do anyway to address some security issues found in Moodle.  It is now version 1.9.3+ (weekly build).  This did not correct the problem.

So I'm hoping this log in problem is related to session variables not being properly stored/tracked/ or whatever.  When I set up this account I worked with the hosting company to create a custom php.ini file to use their "secondary" PHP 5 libraries.  I am not sure if that custom php.ini file is creating a conflict or not.  I'm waiting to hear back from the host about that.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?

Thank you for your help.

Average of ratings: -