Powerpoint 2007 & Moodle 1.8.3

Powerpoint 2007 & Moodle 1.8.3

by Alex 09 -
Number of replies: 4

Hey

I am using Powerpoint 2007 and am unable to import a powerpoint presentation into Moodle. I have tried saving it as a Web page and zipping it etc but will no luck. The error I am getting is:

Unable to get data.

Has anyone else managed to import into Moodle using Powerpoint 2007?

Kind regards

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex 09

Re: Powerpoint 2007 & Moodle 1.8.3

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Alex,
Have you looked over MoodleDocs and the page on Import PowerPoint? There are also many lengthy threads in this forum on this subject. My suggestion is to see if you can import one of the PPTs I created that you will find links to on the MoodleDoc page above.

I personally have not done battle with 2007 and the Import PowerPoint feature in Lesson. I expect other will chime in with their experiences with 1.8 and 1.9.

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Alex 09 -

Hey

Yea I have read all of the docs and I have also been able to import one of the PTT's. Will find a copy of PP 2003 and have a play

Thanks

Alex

In reply to Chris Collman

by Alex 09 -

I have sorted it :D

Alex

In reply to Alex 09

by Seth Maxwell -
Hi Alex. Can you share how you got this to work? I am having the same problem. I read the docs, posted the test ppt's, but the file I created with PowerPoint 2007 (and saved as a 2003 ppt) will not work (same error as yours). Does it have to do with size or something else? Any help appreciated! Thanks!

seth