Quiz review shows feedback for unselected answers

Quiz review shows feedback for unselected answers

by Interactive Learning -
Number of replies: 5
Hi all,

I have created a multiple choice quiz and each answer has its own separate piece of feedback.

Ideally, once a user completes the quiz I would like the feedback to show up only for the answer they have selected. At the moment every piece of feedback appears (see below).

Responses

Is there any way I can make it so that only feedback for the selected answer is shown?

Many thanks,

Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Interactive Learning

Re: Quiz review shows feedback for unselected answers

by Ray Lawrence -
If I understand your issue correctly this was fixed a while ago. Updatng to a recent version of 1.9.3 should fix this for you. Full history here MDL-1464
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Hi Ray,

Thanks for responding. It looks as if upgrading to 1.9.3 will work as it now has the following upgrade:
  • Multiple choice questions in quizzes. Following feedback, we have reversed the change in Moodle 1.9 that showed students feedback to all option, not just the ones they had selected.
I am a little reluctant to upgrade though since I have edited a large number of Moodle's PHP files, and these would be overwritten.

I tried just copying the mod/quiz folder from the new theme to mine but this had no effect. I don't suppose there is any other way the changes could be applied?

Many thanks,

Mark

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ray had a typo in the bug number, it is MDL-14643.

And by the magic of the tracker, you need only go to the version control tab there, and then click on the (+2 -2 lines) link to see exactly what changed in order to fix this bug. You can then make the same change in your version.

However, if you have got yourself into a position where you cannot upgrade Moodle because you have too many customisations, then you have to realise that you have dug yourself into a hole, and you really need to get out of it. The solution is to use some sort of version control system for your code. CVS_for_Administrators and Development:Tracking_Moodle_CVS_with_git might be good places to start.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hi Tim, thanks for the reply.

I have managed to solve it now by following a link that you posted on another thread.

http://cvs.moodle.org/moodle/question/type/multichoice/questiontype.php?r1=1.25&r2=1.26

Thanks,

Mark

by Ray Lawrence -
Oops! Sorry about the typo Mark. Thanks for fixing Tim.