File Upload Problem

File Upload Problem

by Brant Wells -
Number of replies: 2
Hi All:
Please don't shoot me for asking another question about file uploads... Ha ha ha...

What is happening, is that any time I try to upload a file to my moodle server (which is running on http://localhost at the moment), I can click the browse button, and go find the file I want...  But when I click the upload button, The file that I want to upload just disappears from the box, and the page looks like I haven't done anything...  If it isn't clear, I can upload some screen shots...

However, using the File Manager(from within moodle), I can create and delete folders...  I just can't upload files... 

Thanks for any help!!!
~Brant
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brant Wells

Re: File Upload Problem

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
check your web server error logs. I would guess that an error is occurring that you are not seing - hopefully it is recorded in the logs and this will help.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: File Upload Problem

by Brant Wells -
Hey Howard...

I got it working yesterday... and my server crashed on me...  I was so ill...  Ha ha ha... anyhow...  I'm back to the same point...  The last thing I did yesterday, was to reset the perms on my moodledata folder... It miraculously started working before my crash...

But like I just said... I'm back to the same point before, with no earthly idea as to what I did... Unfortunately for me, the Apache server logs (I'm running Apache-2.0.50 / PHP 4.3.8, and GD 2.0.28)...  don't help any... 

I'm open for any suggestions that you may have...  Thanks!
~Brant