What is the status of "translation stats" and related tools?

What is the status of "translation stats" and related tools?

by Martín Langhoff -
Number of replies: 7
I am not working much around translations so I am curious:

- Do we have good stats on coverage? Any UI showing % of strings translated and perhaps a "colour-coded" status? I am thinking of something like this https://translations.launchpad.net/schooltool/2008.4/+pots/schooltool

- Are there any stats on strings that have changed in the master English strings bit have not yet been updated in translations?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martín Langhoff

Re: What is the status of "translation stats" and related tools?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately we don't have any automatically updated stats on the percentage of translated strings, though something like the link you posted would be very nice!

Koen created a page in Moodle Docs listing the percentage of untranslated strings in November last year - Development:Language pack untranslated strings.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Martín,

see Language Evaulation Project thread.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Martín Langhoff -
That project looks very promising! Did it progress in the last 12 months? Any plans to add tracking of strings present but not updated (after a change in the English version)?

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Well, I haven't touched it since my last post there blush. But as I can see it might be useful for you as well, I am going to move it from my "mañana list" to "to-do list" and shall report a progress soon. I like the progress bars at the page linked above.

Stay tuned, I will let you know.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Martín Langhoff -
In some aspects, it's probably a large project. Would it be easier to translate our files to PO file and back even if just to be able to use Rosetta directly?

Maybe we can map out a workflow to do this, assisted with a php->PO and PO->php?

by David Mudrák -
I started to work on a language manipulation library for Moodle (see Development:Language API) that should allow easy implementation of alternative storage formats.
Sam correctly mentioned that php<->PO may be tricky as PO, for example, handle plurals while Moodle format doesn't thoughtful.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by David Mudrák -
See MDLSITE-565 for the current info about language stats reporting tool development.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)