Number of replies: 3
Moodle 1.9.3
WRONG
Interests = Enteresses
List of interests = Lista de enteresses

RIGHT
Interests = Interesses
List of interests = Lista de Interesses

I Try to fix in ADMIN, file MOODLE.PHP, but don't save.
How do I fix the words ?

Thanks.
PROFessor VAZZ
Brazil

Average of ratings: -
In reply to PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil

Re: Portguese Brazil Language Pack - Problem

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,
The best way is to report the problems to the maintainer of the language pack (see http://docs.moodle.org/en/Translation_credits)

If it doesn't save, then the permissions on the moodledata/lang folder are wrong or you are having a very old Moodle installation (pre 1.6) where the files are in the (of course) non writable www-folder of your server.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to PROFessor VAZZ - Brazil

Re: Portguese Brazil Language Pack - Problem

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Vazz,

I second Koen's answer. Please contact the maintainer and discuss with them. The "Interesses" form is used in the plain Portuguese lang pack. The "Enteresses" form is in the Brazil variation pack. So it seems to be an intention of the maintainer and it is something that has to be sorted out by native speakers.

In any case, Moodle should let you locally modify the language pack. If you are having problems with saving your customizations, please turn on the debugging. Should you see an error or warning, let us know.