Translations of Moodle for OLPC -

Re: Translations of Moodle for OLPC -

by koen roggemans -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Martín,

I'm going to your background materials smile and my email archive. There is a group of translators who, if I remember well, do that Moodle->Pootle->Moodle trick, but I can't remember/find who. I hope they report here on the forum.

There is definitely interest for it by groups who do loads of government paid translation of open source software.

As for the size of the Moodle language pack: it would be nice if we could shrink the en language pack for Moodle 2.0 to ONLY the used strings. lang.php has an orphaned string- feature, so strings, deleted from the English pack are maintained and a smaller English pack, that is not backwards compatible and starts of clean from the Moodle 2.0 series will make it a lot less work (I hope) to translate Moodle.
This clean up still needs to start. Someone needs to write a script to clean up English, based on used strings in the code. Sorry, I can't do that.

In your post in gdf there are a few languages mentioned that do exist in Moodle, so you can shorten your list wink