random questions in a quiz

random questions in a quiz

by Cosmin HERMAN -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello

Can anyone tell me if is there any posibility to do such thing in moodle quiz?

I have a data base of  imported moodle quiz questions in a category and I want to have them adde to a quiz for each student in a random order, so  that no studet will have the same questions.

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Cosmin HERMAN

Re: random questions in a quiz

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Herman Cosmin,
No problem at all. Two clicks. Display the category which you will use as the question pool then press the Create multiple questions button and select the number of random questions that you want to add to your quiz.

The name of the buttom is a bit misleading because one day it is hoped that it will allow one to make other types, other than random questions.

Tim

From moodle help
Create multiple questions
This page allows you to create multiple questions at once. Currently it will only allow you to create a number of Random Questions and (optionally) add them to the current quiz. Eventually this page will evolve into a larger wizard that will have more options.

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Cosmin HERMAN -

I meant somting else

like this:

I have a data base of 100 questions  and I want only 10 to be inserted in a random order into a quiz for eaach student.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Create your ten random questions as Tim mentioned, then add them to your quiz.  Save the quiz.  Now try the quiz.   wink
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Timothy Takemoto -
The "Create Multiple Questions" has a neat "add these questions to the quiz" feature too.
Tim

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Herman Cosmin

That is exactly what create multiple questions does!!!
> I have a data base of 100 questions  and I want only 10 to be
> inserted in a random order into a quiz for eaach student.

I am not sure but perhaps you have to select random order of questions AS WELL.

In otherwords, "create multiple questions" will select 10 questions at random from a pool of 100 but I am not yet sure if they are randomised such that the order comes out to be

4, ,20, 26, 45, 47, 67, 78, 80, 90, 91

or

20, 4, 26, 45, 47, 67, 91, 90, 78, 67

if you do NOT select "random question order" in the quiz set up.

Please let me know.

But either way, if you use create multiple questions (and perhaps "random question order" as well) then you can achieve the desired affect.

Tim
takemoto

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Cosmin HERMAN -

wel I think it was ok, but I missused the quiz options.

thanks for support.