phantom questions?

phantom questions?

by Susan Jeffers -
Number of replies: 1
I wrote a little 10 question quiz with 3 true-false and 7 multiple choice questions.  I can take the quiz just fine, as instructor or with my student ID, but when I go to look at the grade it's as if it had 20 questions and 10 of them were answered incorrectly.  So if the quiz-taker answers all 10 questions correctly they only get 50% instead of 100%.

When, as instructor,  I go into "Detailed Statistics", it looks like a 20-question quiz of which the quiz taker only answered the latter 10 questions.  And at the top of the Detailed Statistics, this error message is listed 10 times:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(1) in /server/www/moodle.bts/mod/quiz/report/fullstat/report/php on line 68

Any idea what's going on here? 

THANKS!!!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Jeffers

Re: phantom questions?

by Zach Erbaugh -
(FYI - I'm the admin for the Moodle site that Susan's using)

The problem was in the quiz data - mdl_quiz.sumgrades was set to 20, and there were 10 non-existent question ids listed in mdl_quiz.questions (followed by 10 legitimate questions).   Correcting these fixed the problem.  I haven't had a chance to dig further to see why this might have happened in the first place.