viewing images when using Microsoft IIS 5 rather than Apache

viewing images when using Microsoft IIS 5 rather than Apache

by Anne Nicolson -
Number of replies: 3

At our request, our overworked IT team have just installed moodle on our school intranet. (took 2 months)  We love it but are finding a few hitches. The first is that we could upload, but not see images. Help had two solutions. Since nobody at the table knew what Apache was, we adopted the second fixit 'slasharguments'. This has worked fine but created a problem with relative addresses with our web pages (faq does warn of this). We approached our IT team to get them to change the Appache settings and they say sorry but we use Microsoft IIS 5. Does anyone know how to work with this package? Heres hoping the answer is simple.

regards

Anne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Nicolson

Re: viewing images when using Microsoft IIS 5 rather than Apache

by André Krüger -
Picture of Core developers

I don't know Microsoft IIS 5. Are you sure this is an apache problem ?

I have the same problem, but I soved it in php with

GD library turned ON, with support for JPG and PNG formats

See also http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9477

In reply to André Krüger

by Anne Nicolson -

Thanks for your idea. I checked the variables under 'admin', and yes we do have a GD installed. (GD 2.x). So two questions

Is showing as installed the same as being switched on?

Where do I see whether or not we have support for jpg and png formats?

Thanks Anne

In reply to Anne Nicolson

by Anne Nicolson -

I found that under administration there were all the PNP settings, and so I can see  I do have the GD library enabled. I also found under the FAQ, instructions for working with IIs 5 rather than apache. Which I will forward to our IT people.

But I meanwhile tested our relative web links with slash arguements set to the original address. Below is the error message. Can anyone shed some light. I'm concerned that both C and D drives are referenced.

Warning: Unknown(D:\RMNetwork\ServerApps\MoodleInst\moodle\file.php\4\mechanics\energy lecture from publisher\page2.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening 'D:\RMNetwork\ServerApps\MoodleInst\moodle\file.php\4\mechanics\energy lecture from publisher\page2.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in Unknown on line 0