Support opportunity: 1.3.1 site_main_menu error message.

Support opportunity: 1.3.1 site_main_menu error message.

by Ray Lawrence -
Number of replies: 5

(I'm not going to call them problems anymore).

I've upgraded to 1.3.1 and get this message on the admin page on my laptop and web host installations:

Block site_main_menu: c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\moodle/blocks/site_main_menu/block_site_main_menu.php was not readable

site_main_menu: This folder is readable on both sites.

block_site_main_menu.php: this file is not present

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Support opportunity: 1.3.1 site_main_menu error message.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Oo goody - support opportunity!

How did you upgrade?

blocks/site_main_menu has never been in Moodle 1.3.1 or earlier. So I suspect you've taken a detour through 1.4 development terrritory (not good).
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Fernando Oliveira -
Picture of Plugin developers

I also just installed 1.3 and got the same error:

Block site_main_menu: /home/branches/public_html/iagree/blocks/site_main_menu/block_site_main_menu.php was not readable

I downloaded the "Latest Stable Nightly" and did a fresh install.

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Arg, my apologies ... my new script that creates the packages from CVS didn't delete that empty directory in the package... you can just delete the blocks/site_main_menu directory in your installations to fix this message, and I'll re-roll the archive.

The nightlies are re-done, and I've just re-uploaded the 1.3.1 release to Sourceforge.

Thanks for the feedback.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Ger Tielemans -

It is also present in the latest 131 nightly, so is an empty texh dir under filters.
Kill these dirs and it is ok?

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
These shouldn't be in the packages anymore (and I just checked to confirm that this is the case).

If you are using CVS directly, though, make sure you have the "prune" option enabled to remove empty directories automatically. On Unix it's the -P option, in Tortoise look under Preferences in the "Policy" tab.

(and yes, it's fine to remove all empty directories manually)