force a update to be done again ..

force a update to be done again ..

by Peter Sereinigg -
Number of replies: 3

Last night I updated 1.4 with the nightly, view minutes later a bug was fixed, but in my case I got an error durring installing. I rembember, there is a option to force a update to be done again, but how..

Updating with the new version did not make any changes - there are no errors on the running system until now ..

Which date in moodle config I have to change, that a update will be done anothertime, or is there another ´possibility to fix the errors I got?

Thanks Peter:

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_forum_queue` ( `id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `userid` int(11) unsigned default 0 NOT NULL, `discussionid` int(11) unsigned default 0 NOT NULL, `postid` int(11) unsigned default 0 NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`), KEY `user` (userid), KEY `post` (postid), ) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='For keeping track of posts that will be mailed in digest form'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='For keeping track of posts that will be mailed in digest ' at line 9

adodb_mysql._execute(CREATE TABLE `mdl_forum_queue` (
..., false) % line 781, file: adodb.inc.php
adodb_mysql.execute(CREATE TABLE `mdl_forum_queue` (
...) % line 16, file: datalib.php
execute_sql() % line 71, file: datalib.php
modify_database() % line 784, file: mysql.php
main_upgrade(CREATE TABLE `mdl_forum_queue` (
...) % line 141, file: index.php

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Sereinigg

Re: force a update to be done again ..

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Peter, you are asking for trouble running the dev version ... expecially in this next cycle which will have a lot of instability ... I really do not recommend it unless you feel confident fixing things.

The thing you are looking for is to edit the "config" table, look for the "version" record, and change the number there to an older version number (something just smaller than the date of the update that caused the problem).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Peter Sereinigg -

Thanks for this information, I just will fix this bug and then wait ...

Peter

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Peter Sereinigg -

Is it possible to:

backup a complet moodle site with the backup-modul (Varesion 1.4) and restore ist to 1.3 with this routine, because I would like to change to 1.3+ ....
Will the links still work?
When updating moodle (this happens automaticly at my site) I did not realise the change from 1.3 to 1.4 ...

Thanks Peter

The new presentation of downloads is much better and easer to handle, but please show the downloadlink not hidden behind an image, you can´t get it with the right mouse-key-info ...