Saving button

Re: Saving button

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Lucia,
thanks very much for sending the "nosave.php" file. I opened it up and, thanks to your hint about "MY SCREEN ENDS HERE", was able to locate the source of the problem.

The drop-down menu for Navigation, "navegação", is defined in the HTML source as follows.
<select id="menunavigation" name="navigation" >
 <option value="1" selected="selected">Barra de navegação do Moodle</option>
 <option value="2">Frame de navegação do Moodle</option>
 <option value="3"><IFRAME> embutido</option>
 <option value="4">Botões da atividade Hot Potatoes</option>
 <option value="5">Um botão simples "Desistir"</option>
 <option value="6">Nenhum</option>
</select>
Notice the <IFRAME> tag. This should appear in the source code as &lt;IFRAME&gt;. However, because it appears as <IFRAME>, the browser gets confused and can't display the page correctly.

To fix it, you need to change the "<IFRAME>" in the "navigation_iframe" string in the hotpot messages file for your language, "pt_br".

In Moodle 1.6, you can edit the hotpot messages file via Moodle:
  1. login to Moodle as administrator
  2. if necessary, change Moodle's display language to "pt_br"
  3. from the site's front page, navigate as follows:
    Admin -> Language -> Edit Strings -> hotpot.php
    Administrador -> Idioma -> Editar as expressões -> hotpot.php
  4. locate the "navigation_iframe" string and change the value to the following:
    &amp;lt;IFRAME&amp;gt; embutido
  5. click the [Save changes: hotpot.php] button
    [Salvar mudanças: hotpot.php]
  6. confirm you get a "Changes saved" message
    Mudanças gravadas
Notice that in step 4, you need to double-encode the angle-brackets. It looks pretty unreadable, but if you just copy and paste from here to your Moodle site, it should work.

FYI, I have reported this problem on the Moodle bug tracker: MDL-7186

best regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Lucia Moreira -
Thank you so much, Gordon! It worked! big grin Besides solving hotpot problems I found out how to edit language files which I didn´t know. That will be quite usefull!!!!

That´s the special thing about Moodle and Moodlers: you don´t need to be a programming expert - everything runs nice an easy. Specially with so much help and kindness avaiable smile

All my best

Lúcia
In reply to Lucia Moreira

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You're welcome Lucia! Thank you for reporting this problem. You helped improve the HotPot module and Moodle.

It turns out there were several other language-packs with a similar problem and they have all been fixed, thanks to Koen Roggemans, Moodle's translator-in-chief.

Abraço,
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Bertilda Garcia -
Thank you so much! I had exactly the same problem with Moodle 1.7 in Spanish.

All the best,

Bertilda