Sound as clues in Jcross

Sound as clues in Jcross

by Frederic Nevers -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

I'm fairly new to Moodle and I'm new to this forum. I'd appreciate any help with my problem as I've searched through this forum and could not find a suitable answer.

I have used this method http://www.ewbooks.info/hotpot/tutorials/hotpotatoes-tutorials/audio-crossword-beginner.html to use mp3's as clues in Jcross. It works fine when I preview it in my browser, but it doesn't when I upload it to my server in Moodle.

I have used relative paths, switched on Javascript in Moodle and tested it in different browsers.

I suspect it's something to with Javascript but I'm not sure. Could it be that the files are taking a while to load (they're only 16Kb each though).

I'm at a loss. Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Fred
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frederic Nevers

Re: Sound as clues in Jcross

by Frederic Nevers -
Replying to my own thread...

I haven't fixed my problem but I've used a workaround, which doesn't use Javascript.

I once found this code:

in this forum, and it worked fine in other HotPotatoes activities, so I thought I'd use it with Jcross (after spending about 4 hours trying to fix the other technique...), and guess what, it works fine.

I'd still like to know if it is possible to have the player embedded directly into the activity (right next to the clue number). It's only a detail though.

Thanks a lot,

Fred
In reply to Frederic Nevers

Re: Sound as clues in Jcross

by Chris Jackson -
Hi Fred

It might work if you can supply an absolute link for your player, ie have it at a fixed location, preferably outside Moodle. Look for threads here for video flash players. I have done that for video.

Chris