Troubleshooting Masher and Scorm :(

Troubleshooting Masher and Scorm :(

by Luciano Enríquez -
Number of replies: 3

Hello to everybody.

I have a problem, when  make a hotpot quiz, its goes OK in moodle. Fast, score placed..ok. Perfect.

But when I use Masher (shareware edition, only max. three quiz) I have a great problem. The only way to go to moodle from HotPot is with scorm 1.2 output, but if you run the quiz....its goes very slow...moodle freeze for a while in every single quiz option. ¿What's happening?

I don´t know what the problem is or what I am doing wrong.

I hope you could help me, because I need a solution.

Thanks a lot.

Luciano Enríquez.

Moodle 1.8.4

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luciano Enríquez

Re: Troubleshooting Masher and Scorm :(

by Carly Born -
We've experienced similar problems with the SCORM module. I believe it's SCORM in Moodle and nothing to do withe Masher files. Masher files are not that complicated.

I've read elsewhere on Moodle forums (though the links escape me) that the SCORM module is not really maintained and in desperate need of help.
In reply to Carly Born

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Luciano,
I don't use the SCORM module very much myself so I can't comment much about that, except to say that it sounds like you are doing what you are supposed to.

As Carly says, the SCORM module was lacking a full-time maintainer for a while:
I do not know if that situation has been resolved

FYI, the new HotPot module can handle Masher files, and I have that functionality working on my development site. However, the reports are not quite finished on the new HotPot module, so I don't want to release anything yet.

regards
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Luciano Enríquez -

Hello again.

Thanks, ;). I have hear a lot of the problems with scorm in the last time. I´m going to see what can I do with the new module of hotpot.

The problem is that I have 25 exercises and do´nt want to put an icon for every exercise.

I suppose that the basic exercises ase solved in the new masher function. ¿Which exercise of HP work well in the new module with the reports?

Maybe I could use some, and the other link theme alone. ¿What do you think about?

Thank you. smile

Luciano Enríquez