1.4 bug: turning editing on at frontpage makes it disappear

Re: 1.4 bug: turning editing on at frontpage makes it disappear

by Osku Kannusmäki -
Number of replies: 2
We had same problem with Antti again because of these Sun machines. It took me a while, but here is the solution that seems to be working. We had a discussion with Antti and he managed to fix his problem with this too.

in moodle root index.php change line 18?

require_once("mod/resource/lib.php");

to it's absolute form

require_once("$CFG->dirroot/mod/resource/lib.php");

This should propably be updated in CVS also. smile Hmm.. propably I should someday also start developing Moodle furher. If I only had time...

BTW.
We encountered one very annoying feature while we updated from 1.3 to 1.4. After upgrade all resources opened outside moodle frame altough the original setting was inside moodle frame. We had to manually set every resource in every course to open inside frame again. I think this feature should also be mentioned in what's new section. Or, was I missing something?

- Osku
In reply to Osku Kannusmäki

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've fixed the paths to help those machines that need it ...

The resource upgrade should have been smoother than that ... it has been on all the sites I've tried ... I can't think what might have happened in your case, sorry.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Osku Kannusmäki -
That's ok, I just got all the other teachers angry with me beacause of the Moodle update.  big grin  Now everything seems to be working fluently.

- Osku