Installation Problem

Installation Problem

by j b -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to install moodle on an intranet, and am having issues. I copied the directory over and am following the steps to continue, when I get to the step for

Run the Installer script to create config.php

To run the installer script (install.php), just try to access your Moodle main URL using a web browser, or access http://yourserver/install.php directly.

I don't get a page displayed. The install.php page loads into the browser window like a text file. It displays all the coding like:

<?php /// $Id$
      /// install.php - helps admin user to create a config.php file

/// If config.php exists already then we are not needed.

if (file_exists('./config.php')) {
    header('Location: index.php');
    die;
} else {
    $configfile = './config.php';
}

///==========================================================================//
/// We are doing this in stages
/// 0. Welcome and language settings
/// 1. Compatibility
/// 2. Database settings
/// 3. Host settings
/// 4. Administration directory name
/// 5. Save or display the settings
/// 6. Redirect to index.php
///==========================================================================//

I don't know why it's doing that. It does it on all the php pages that I try to open. (install.php, index.php, and help.php)

Any suggestions??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to j b

Re: Installation Problem

by Jeffery Watkins -

Are you running a local version of PHP, Apache, and MYSQL?  I use this for my localserver: http://www.firepages.com.au/.

Jeff

In reply to Jeffery Watkins

by j b -
I installed easyphp, but now I am getting an error message that says "Apache cannot be run: another web server uses the web port. I have IIS installed on the system. I am trying to stop that now to see if it will start up locally.
In reply to j b

by j b -

I was able to stop the IIS website and start the easyphp and I have it working now and am going throught the setup..How do I create the MySQL database? Is it something I can do throught easyphp?