Admin tool “User related debugmode”
If you want to activate the debugging mode for some users on your system, the setting of
$CFG->debugusers isn’t the best solution. You have to edit the
config.php which allways is a risk to break you system. Also with this setting you only change the behaviour of the function
debugging(). But if the debugging setting is turned of you’ll never see the debug messages.
Why do I need this?
If you adminstrate some productive systems sometimes you have a situation to need to turn on the debugging mode. But if you do this on a productive system, all users will see the debugging messages. In most cases it isn’t what you want.
So with this plugin you can turn on the debugging mode just for you or some selected users.
- You can do all settings on the interface. There is no need to edit the
- You can turn on the full set of debugging features for defined users. This means you can leave the moodle standard debug setting to “None”.
- You can turn on the debuggin mode just for the current session (ad hoc debugging). So you don’t need to turn it off after usage.
- Copy this plugin into the folder
admin/toolinside your moodle installation.
- Go to the Site administration -> Notifications to start the install process.
After the installation you will find the new link User related debugmode below Site administration -> Development
The Ad hoc debugmode you can turn on in your profile settings or in the frontpage menu.