The "Essential" Moodle Theme
With 2.5 now released Julian thought it time to take the opportunity to build a new theme that would push the new theme engine to it's limits a bit. With that in mind he introduced the new "Essential" theme. Now Julian has left us for Canvassian adventures, David and Gareth took over development and maintenance. And now David has left for pastures new, Gareth continues to maintain and make improvements.
The idea of this theme is to make the site look as little like Moodle as possible. In this specific instance, it would be used on sites where Moodle would potentially serve as a company homepage rather than just a course list.
Cool things to know about the theme.
- It attempts to load as many as possible icons from a font
- Most of what you think are "graphics" are actually the [Awesome font](http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/)
- The slider on the frontpage of the demo site is completely customisable through theme settings
- I am really trying to push what [Bootstrap](http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/) Grids can do. As such the theme is fully responsive.
- The footer is all custom Moodle regions. This means blocks can be added. The footer of the demo site is full of HTML blocks in this instance
- The Theme uses [Google web fonts](http://www.google.com/fonts/) to give it that extra bit of shazam!
- Social Network icons appear at the top of the page dynamically based on theme settings
- The entire colour scheme can be modified with theme settings
- The homepage main area is just a label. The theme will ship with custom classes that you can set for tables and links to modify their formatting. No knowledge of code is needed as you can use the text editor to do this. Documentation will be provided outlining what the additional classes are.
Due to the high volume of site specific installation questions I am no longer able to answer questions here. Please post on the themes forum: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=46 for community support.
Please note that previously the version for Moodle 2.6 was 2.7.x as well, but since these versions are now separated we also lowered the displayed version number.
|2.5||2.5.8||Last release for M2.5|
|2.6||2.6.11||Last release for M2.6|
|2.7||22.214.171.124.2||Last release for M2.7|
Test server beta
|TEST SERVER ONLY|
Sponsorships make things happen.