Activities: Shared Resource
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR PLUGIN ARCHIVE AVAILABILITY
: due to the large amount of plugins supported, it is NOT affordable
for us to update moodle.org packages. Please use the Source Control urls
to our github to get plugins archives.
This module is the result of a five year long run work with Intel, Catalyst and
French Ministry of Education.
Initially bound to provide Moodle 1.9, pre-repository architectures with a centralized repository. This version has been developped for ensuring content continuity of all implementations using Intel's TAO (Teach Advanced Online) based repositoy approach.
Further this original goal, there was beside an opportunity to provide Moodle 2 witha yet internalized files repository approach as an alternative to use external document systems. Sharedresource based repo and resource management provides the first Moodle internally handled rich indexing resource database using full Dublin Core metadata base infrastructure, and allowing any Dublin core based schema to be added and used as
master indexing schema.
Shared resource module is the key part of a full indexed public resource center that will come as 4 complementary parts :
- Shared resource module (this package) : master part
- Shared resources block : Utilities to access to central library and make some resource conversions or feeding
- Shared resource repository : A Repository view of the shared resource storage area, so shared resource can also be used and picked as standard resource instances, or in other publication contexts
- Shared Resource Local Component : provides a front-end to librarian to search, browse and get some site level services around shared resources.
Shared resources in the actual development state provides :
- An activity module (this module) allowing making new resources and share them with indexing information into the reosurce catalog.
- Full handling of LOM, LOMFR, ScoLOMFR, SupLOMFR (french variants and enrichements to LOM)
- Extensible metadata plugin architecture allows easily adding more support to other Dublin Core based formats
- Metadata user profile definition, allowing to reduce the metadata impact on user experience to the "just necessary"
- Configurable search engine, allowing choosing which attributes to use for searching
- Localisation of the sharing level to a course category, making category scoped private repositories.
- OAI-PMH exposition on sharedresource entries (site level)
- External resource submission gate for remote feeding the library from external authoring tools
- MNET architecture of services to publish and search remotely in a "provider/consumer" definition
Plugin status :
This plugin is stll BETA, we have still consolidation in progress around some complex features, so the package will be renewed from time to time.