Activities: My Education Path
This module integrates a Moodle site with the MyEducationPath.com online courses directory.
The plugin allows to publish courses from Moodle server to the http://MyEducationPath.com/courses directory automatically.
When a course is published it is possible to issue a certificate for course students. Also the plugin can be used to get feedback from students (comments and ratings) and automatically publish on a course page in the MyEducationPath.com directory.
Certificates are issued with the MyEducationPath.com API. Certificates can be printed, shared with social networks, added to personal education passport by a student (personal education passport is an education history).
How to use:
1. Register on MyEducationPath.com as online education vendor and copy your API key.
2. Install this plugin on your Moodle. After installation on the plugin configuration page save the key copied on step 1.
3. If you are going to issue certificate then you can edit certificates templates on MyEducationPath.com
To publish a course on the http://MyEducationPath.com/courses directory open the course for editing and add new activity "My Education Path" t the course (recommended the latest section).
Set the activity title something like "Your feedback" or "POst your comments" and in the introduction text as students to post their feedback.
Only courses where this activity is added can be published in the directory.
The plugin can work in two modes: Active and Passive.
- In Active mode means for every course a techer (or admin) needs to open the activity and click the button "Register the course on MyEducationPath.com".
Only after this the course is published to the directory.
- In Passive mode courses can be autopublished with special "Import Link" configured in your vendor profile on MyEducationPath.com . Get this link on
the plugin settings page. The link looks like http://yourmoodlesite.com/mod/myedupathexport/import.php . If this link is saved in your profile
then every day the bot on MyEducationPath.com server will call this link to get XML feed with list of your courses to publish on the directory and add/update courses.
Not all courses are listed in the feed. Only courses where the activity is added (including invisible for students activity).
If you don't need to get feedback from students or issue certificate but only want to publish courses on MyEducationPath.com then add the activity to any section of the course and make it invisible.
NOTE. "Publish a course" means add to the directory only course title, summary, startdate, price, URL on the server. No course content is exported. Just short description of the corse.
How to add images to your courses.
Almost all courses in MyEducationPath.com directory have image assigned. But Moodle doesn't allow to have an logo image for a course. Anyway, this plugin allow to assign images.
An image link can be configured in activity settings.