YU Kaltura Media Assignment
YU Kaltura Media Package
"YU Kaltura Media Package" is a third-party's Kaltura plugin package (a series of plugins) for Moodle 2.9 or later. This package is developed by the Center for Information Infrastructure, Yamaguchi University. By using this package, users can upload media to the Kaltura server, and easily embed the media in Moodle courses. Moreover, this package provides some useful functions. Since this package does not require Kaltura Application Framework (KAF), can work with Kaltura Community Edition (CE) and other editions.
In order to use this package, administrators must install "YU Kaltura Media Local Libraries" and "YU Kaltura Media Gallery".
These plugins provide functions such as uploading, playing back and deleting media files to users.
In addition, the administrators can install "YU Kaltura Media Assignment", "YU Kaltura Media Resource", and "YU Kaltura Media for Atto".
These plugins provide teachers ability of creating resource and activity modules which use kaltura media in their Moodle courses. And, user can embed his/her media into text area (introduction or page content) through the Atto HTML editor.
Please note that there is a chance this module will not work on some Moodle environment. Also, this package is only available in English and Japanese. Stay tuned to future versions for other language supports.
Original plugin package ("Kaltura
Video Package") has better functions than ours and is easy to use. So
that, for customers of the "Kaltura SaaS Edition", use the original
plugin package is the better.
YU Kaltura Media Assignment for Moodle
This is an activity module. Each student can submit a media from their "My Media", and teachers can play submitted medias, and grade each media.
Aditionally, the student can upload and record new media in submission page.
This plugin is updated with stable releases. To follow active development on GitHub, click here.
- PHP5.3 or greater.
- System administrators must use the HTTPS protocol for their Moodle site and Kaltura server.
- Administrators must not delete "Default" access control profile from their Kaltura server. If they delete the "Default" profile, they must create new profile named "Default" before install our plugins.
- These plugins do not support Flash players. Therefore, please use HTML5 players or Kaltura OVP players.
- "local_yukaltura" and "local_yumymedia" plugins.
- Boost (version 1.1.7 and later)
- Classic (version 1.3.0 and later)
Unzip the plugin into /mod/kalmediaassign within your Moodle install.
Installation will be completed after you log in as an administrator and access the notification menu.
How to use
Targeted Moodle versions
Moodle 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10, 3.11
- MOODLE_29_STABLE -> Moodle2.9 branch
- MOODLE_30_STABLE -> Moodle3.0 branch
- MOODLE_31_STABLE -> Moodle3.1 branch
- MOODLE_32_STABLE -> Moodle3.2 branch
- MOODLE_33_STABLE -> Moodle3.3 branch
- MOODLE_34_STABLE -> Moodle3.4 branch
- MOODLE_35_STABLE -> Moodle3.5 branch
- MOODLE_36_STABLE -> Moodle3.6 branch
- MOODLE_37_STABLE -> Moodle3.7 branch
- MOODLE_38_STABLE -> Moodle3.8 branch
- MOODLE_39_STABLE -> Moodle3.9 branch
- MOODLE_310_STABLE -> Moodle3.10 branch
- MOODLE_311_STABLE -> Moodle3.11 branch
First clone the repository with "git clone", then "git checkout MOODLE_29_STABLE(branch name)" to switch branches.
- We are not responsible for any problem caused by this software.
- This software follows the license policy of Moodle (GNU GPL v3).
- "Kaltura" is the registered trademark of the Kaltura Inc.
- Web-camera recording function supports the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Safari. For smartphones and tablets, you can record and upload movies through a normal media uploader.
- Uploading and recording functions in resource and activity modules may not work well with smartphones. Because, low resolution screen cannot display these forms correctly.
- In some browsers, preview window (modal window) cannot receive MPEG-DASH/HLS/HDS streaming data. And, if Kaltura server employs HTTPS and users embed their media into web sites employs HTTP, Kaltura players cannot receive streaming data. For local_yumymedia and mod_kalmediaassign, we recommend Kaltura players which receive video using progressive download.