General plugins (Local): Get Key
Get API Key from Vidya.io (Usefull for vmchat and onetoone plugin)
Why is Vidya.io server used.
- vidya.io server is used as a central point to interconnect all users (Teachers and Students).
- Messages from one user is transmitted to all other users.
Why can't Moodle or php scripts be used?
Moodle/php if used would be very slow and would demand lot of resources. Ever tried running Moodle's chat module with many users? You would also notice that Moodle recommends a chat daemon to run to reduce load on server. Even after daemon, it is slow. This is not Moodle's fault, it is way how PHP is, it is not correct tool for job.
Is vidya.io server secure? What our privacy?
- vidya.io server using secure SSL certificates and works only with secure protocols. This is security used by everyone for online credit card transactions. It is secure.
- No data is read by any human, vidya.io transmits information from one user to other connected users and that's it.
- No data is ever saved on vidya.io servers.
Are there any other services similar to vidya.io?
I still need to run it on our servers.
Running this and maintaining it on server is complex, we are in process of making it simpler to manage and plan to release it as open source. Once released, this information will be updated.