HTML5 audio/video to MP4 filter
Moodle HTML5 audio/video to MP4 filter
This filter allows the automated creation of MP4 sources for HTML5
This is particularly useful if some users are using atto_recordrtc because most browsers create
ogg files for audio and
for video, which are not playable in Safari.
This plugin then check for the existence of an
mp4 source and provides it automatically if it exists. In the case the
mp4source does not exist, it is created via a scheduled task.
ffmpeg installation, and the correct path to be set in the plugin settings.
In Debian-like GNU/Linux environments,
ffmpeg can be installed by issuing the following command:
apt-get install ffmpeg
You need to at least:
- set the
pathtoffmpegin the plugin settings.
Optionnally you can:
- change the other plugin settings as required,
- tweak the execution times of the scheduled task running the file conversions.
- Read https://docs.moodle.org/en/Managing_filters how to activate and order filters.
- The order in which the HTML5 audio/video to MP4 filter is placed has an effect on its correct working (whether it converts or not).
- The filter HTML5 audio/video to MP4 filter should be placed at least before filters Convert URLs into links and images and Multimedia plugins.
Report issues on https://github.com/ndunand/moodle-filter_html5avtomp4/issues .