Finally putting an end to the need for a streaming server (or a Java applet) to allow students to record audio clips for Moodle assignments, the Online Audio Recording assignment uses Flash (10.1+) to record audio from a microphone, convert it to MP3 format and upload it to Moodle via HTTP POST.
- Place the "onlineaudio" directory within your_moodle_install/mod/assign/submission/
- Visit the admin notifications page and complete the installation
- As a teacher, create (or edit) an assignment
- Under "Submission settings", set "Online audio recording" to "Yes" and choose the maximum number of recordings
- Save the assignment
- In the assignment submission, find the "Online audio recording" section
- If you haven't used it before, you may need to allow access to your microphone
- Click the red circle button to begin recording
- Click the blue square button (or the red circle button again) to stop recording
- Enter a file name and click "Save"
- Wait for it to state that it's "Ready to upload" and click the "Upload" button
Online Audio Recording (assignment type for old mod_assignment)
Record Audio (repository plugin - record audio anywhere you can upload a file!)