Delete courses v3.4.1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
This admin tool allows managers to delete all courses in a category (including subcategories if desired). The tool may optionally bypass the recycle bin for improved performance.
- Moodle 3.4 (build 2017111300 or later)
Copy the deletecourses folder into your /admin/tool directory and visit your Admin Notification page to complete the installation.
The tool a link to the category navigation block, "Delete all courses." The user will be taken to a page describing what will happen and requesting confirmation. On confirmation, Moodle will create an "adhoc task" to delete all the courses in the background. This requires the cron be enabled.
If you're using Boost or a similar theme, you may need to access /course/index.php directly, navigate to the desired category, then click the edit cog at top right to reach the links.
The tool has no options but does require, as mentioned above, that cron be running.
Eric Merrill at Oakland University suggested the locking functionality and the method for bypassing the recycle bin.
Charles Fulton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- v0.1.0 (2017032902), v1.0.0 (2017051201), v1.0.0-31 (2017051200), v3.3.0 (2017051202), v3.4.0 (2018051300), v3.3.1 (2017051203)
- Can be updated to
- v3.6.0 (2018112800)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.4
- Latest release for Moodle 3.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Admin tools
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "mytool") in the "admin/tool" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation