The theme aim was to make course actions more available for users (and especially managers) and to pass on "editing mode" more intuitively.
It was also important for us to be able to display easily some personnal actions especially developped in the local/ folder without overload configuration menu ("engrenage" menu).
So the idea was to add a banner with these actions in the course header block.
Here some features available in the theme:
- Specific menu in the course header block. It displays possible recurrent actions on a course grouped by type of action.
- Possibility to pass on "Editing mode" more easily.
- Possibility to keep menu on the top of the page even we scroll on the course.
- Possibility to add a block more easily without passing on the left menu.
- Possibility to return to course homepage more easily.
- Displays in the header block bakground the picture choosed in the course configuration (since moodle 3.6 version, in other cases it will display default image you define in the theme settings).
- Using of a default course picture in dashboard blocks (since moodle 3.7 version).
It is also possible to customize this theme like the Boost theme or adding some other links in the banner (via changes in the plugin code).
More details on the plugin, its configuration and customization on: https://github.com/andurif/moodle-theme_bandeau