Searchable filesystem 0.1.1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Searchable Moodle repository
A filesystem-based repository focused on searchable capabilities, ideal for directories with lots (thousands) of files.
- Clone this repository or unzip the archive into repository/searchable.
- Go to Site Administration -> Notifications to install it.
- Go to Site Administration -> Plugins -> Repositories -> Searchable filesystem to:
- Set up this repository and user capabilities.
- Build instances of searchable repositories pointing to subdirectories under MOODLEDATA/repository/. They must not be links.
About this repository
We build course backups from Moodle courses, with thousands of backup files. When trying to mount the directory as a filesystem repository instance, it never ended.
Since we simply needed to pick up some file at a time, we thought on building a repository instance, based on server-side filesystem with searchable capabilities. It may be extensible to users if administrators want to, too.
To do so, we based this repository on the current filesystem repository from the Moodle core, and the ideas behind other searchable repositories.
Jordi Pujol-Ahulló firstname.lastname@example.org
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Repositories
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myrepo") in the "repository" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation