Repositories: Films On Demand
To use this plugin, your school must have an active subscription to Films On Demand. If you have an active subscription, please contact our support department at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request your Key and Secret.
If you do not have an active subscription, you may sign up for a free trial using our Free Trial Registration page: https://freetrial.infobase.com/.
- LTI based application that does not require any user account maintenance within Films On Demand or Moodle.
- Quick and easy installation.
- A seamless user experience that allows users to embed content directly into Moodle courses, wherever you can add an activity or resource, without ever leaving Moodle.
- Usage statistics are recorded within the platform.
Using the File Picker Plugin
Once installed, product resources may be embedded using the standard Moodle file picker interface. Any activity or resource elements within a course that includes the Media Button in the HTML editor can now support embedded product content.
From the course homepage, or anywhere that allows for the addition of an activity or resource, click on the Add an Activity or Resource, while in editing mode. Select the type of activity or resource you would like to add, for example, an Assignment, or a Page.
From the Insert media pop up window, click on the Browse repositories button to view the File Picker interface.
Select the product icon from the left-hand menu to access the search interface. Enter a keyword or phrase in the box and click Search. Your search results will resemble the image below.
The search results page offers several functions explained below:
- Sorting and Filtering Options:
- View By: Titles & Segments, Titles only, or Segments only.
- Sort By: Relevancy, Newest to Oldest, or Most Viewed.
- Filter by Subject.
- Subjects, Producer, Sources, Grades, Languages, and Copyright are additional filters available.
- Pagination - Use the pagination controls to skip to other pages of the results.
- Run Time - View the run time of all media assets.
- Preview - Use the preview link to view the content before deciding to embed it. Clicking on this link opens a new window on top of the existing window.
- Embed - Use the embed button to insert the selected content title into Moodle.