Variable numeric 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
Variable Numeric Question Type
This version of this question type is compatible with Moodle 2.5+. There are other versions available for Moodle 2.3+.
This question type requires the varnumericset question type to be installed. See: https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_varnumericset/
To install this question type using git, type this command in the root of your Moodle install:
git clone git://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_varnumeric.git question/type/varnumeric
Then add question/type/varnumeric to your git ignore.
Alternatively, download the zip from https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_varnumeric/zipball/master unzip it into the question/type folder, and then rename the new folder to varnumeric.
You may want to install Tim's stripped down tinymce editor that only allows the use of superscript and subscript see https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-editor_supsub.
If the editor is not installed the question type can still be used but if it is installed when you make a question that requires scientific notation then this editor will be shown and a student can either enter an answer with the notation 1x10^5 where the ^5 is expressed with super script.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
- Can be updated from
- 1.0 (2011082701), 1.0 (2011082701), 1.1 for Moodle 2.1 (2012081600), 1.1 for Moodle 2.2 (2012081600), 1.1 for Moodle 2.3+ (2012081600), 1.2 for Moodle 2.3+ (2013031400)
- Can be updated to
- 1.4 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014010800), 1.5 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014042800), 1.6 for Moodle 2.6+ (2014111200)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.5
- The more recent release 1.5 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014042800) exists for Moodle 2.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation