Record audio question type
Question types ::: qtype_recordrtc
Maintained by Tim Hunt, Chris Nelson, Mahmoud Kassaei
A manually graded Moodle question type, where the student records a short audio response to answer the question asked.
Record audio question type 1.4 for Moodle 3.9+
Moodle 3.9, 3.10, 3.11
Released: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 10:16 PM
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Changes in 1.4
- Improvement to the user flow when staring a video recording. Now, the first click on the button is 'Start camera', which just turns the camera on, so it can auto-focus and do it's white balance, and so you can check you are happy with what you are seeing. Then you click again to 'Start recording' when you are ready.
- When creating a question with multiple inputs, the question author can set a different time limit for each.
- And, the admin can set a different maximum allowed time limit for audio and video.
- We tie into the changes in Moodle 3.11+ where, when you create a new question, it remembers the options you selected last time, and uses the same option for the new question, making it quicker to create a lot of similar questions.
- Various improvements to the on-screen text and help.
- Fixed a bug leading to the Notice "currentcontext passed to repository::get_instances was not a context object".
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation