Filters: JW Player multimedia filter
JW Player multimedia filter 7-0.4 for Moodle 2.9-3.0 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.2.2)
This is the first release after versioning change, prefix 7 indicates that plugin is designed to work with JW Player 7 (for JW6 plugin see release 6-0.4).
This release introduces lots of changes to support JW 7 and contains upgraded JS code that uses Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD) API (new in Moodle 2.9). In addition to that, some new features have been added to plugin (thanks to @owenbarritt), needless to say that JW7 itself is brining new functionality and makes some formerly premium features free. Upgrade is possible from any earlier version of plugin; however, the minimum requirement is now Moodle 2.9 (due to AMD). Also, make sure you have JW 7 license, especially if you used any paid edition of JW 6 before (it does not work with JW6 license key). See upgrade manual for more details.
List of changes:
- Fix recognition of file extensions for urls with query strings (#35, @owenbarritt),
- Fix title options (#45, @owenbarritt),
- Update custom skin support for JW7 (#37, @owenbarritt),
- Add mpeg-dash support (@owenbarritt),
- Update license requirements for JW7 (#37, @owenbarritt),
- Add support of player configuration attributes definition using data-jwplayer-* html tag (#20, @owenbarritt),
- Add support of global html attributes passing to player html container (#20, @owenbarritt),
- Fix order of streams (#51, @owenbarritt),
- Update Google Analytics support in JW7 (#37, @owenbarritt),
- Add player events logging in Moodle reports (@owenbarritt),
- Upgrade JS module to use Asynchronous Module Definition (AMD) API,
- Use CDN hosted player for cloud-hosted mode,
- Update settings page and configuration variables validation for JW7,
- Readme has been significantly changed and extended,
- Some other minor fixes and improvements.
JW Player CDN version (cloud-hosted mode): 7.2.2
Plugin works with Moodle versions: 2.9, 3.0.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 7-0.4 for Moodle 2.9-3.0 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.2.2)
- Can be updated from
- 0.1 for Moodle 2.6-2.8 (JW Player 6) (2015032400), 0.2 for Moodle 2.6-2.9 (JW Player 6) (2015042400), 0.3 for Moodle 2.6-2.9 (JW Player 6) (2015080400), 6-0.4 for Moodle 2.6-3.1 (JW Player 6) (2015080401)
- Can be updated to
- 7-0.5 for Moodle 2.9-3.1 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.3.6) (2016041900), 7-0.6 for Moodle 2.9-3.1 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.8.6) (2017010400), 7-0.6+32 for Moodle 3.2 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.8.6), 7-0.6+32 for Moodle 3.2 (JW Player 7, CDN 7.8.6) (2017010500), 7-0.7 for Moodle 2.9-3.1, JW7 CDN 7.10.1) (2017032600), 7-0.7+32 for Moodle 3.2+, JW7 CDN 7.10.1) (2017032700)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0
- The more recent release 7-0.7 for Moodle 2.9-3.1, JW7 CDN 7.10.1) (2017032600) exists for Moodle 2.9
- The more recent release 7-0.7 for Moodle 2.9-3.1, JW7 CDN 7.10.1) (2017032600) exists for Moodle 3.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Filters
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the filter plugin.
- Place the folder (eg "myfilter") in the "filter" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation