Exabis Competencies - Competence grids v2.8-r2
This block is fore Moodle 2.6+ versions, it will not work for versions below 2013111800 This block was developed for 2.7+, so in 2.6 there can be some minor bugs
- exabis competencies Block - Bugs, Feature Requests, and Improvements *
If you have any problems installing this block or suggestions for improvement please mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
exabis competencies Block - Description * Outcomes for students can easily be added to courses by teachers documenting their work with educational standards. These outcomes can be generated at http://www.edustandards.org and communicate with the exabis_competencies-block. Students can reflect upon their own work and develop a competency-profile. The newest version adds competence-grids and drag&drop-upload for material to be used with standards.
exabis competencies Block - Disclaimer *
As with any customization, it is recommended that you have a good backup of your Moodle site before attempting to install contributed code. While those contributing code make every effort to provide the best code that they can, using contributed code nevertheless entails a certain degree of risk as contributed code is not as carefully reviewed and/or tested as the Moodle core code. Hence, use this block at your own risk.
- exabis competencies Block - History *
First official publishing-date: November 2011 exabis competencies was developed with kind support of the Federal Ministry of Education in Austria. The goal of this module is to bring competencies that have been developed and provided from an xml-file into Moodle-courses. For this it is important to outline the process of implementation of national educational standards within all school-types in Austria. In the past years many expert-groups in Austria were given the task of developing competencies that from a student sight can be expressed in form of “I can”-statements (example: “I can develop Excel formulas to solve a mathematical problem”). These so-called descriptors document the acquisition of competencies (skills) in a certain subject. By this educational standards can be transported across a whole school-type giving teachers as well as students the opportunity to document their work with these competencies. In addition all expert-groups developed prototypical examples that work with different competencies thus allowing teachers and students to work with these examples to acquire competencies and find orientation on how examples should be made from a teachers’ perspective to fulfill certain educational standards. Within the exabis-competencies-block teachers may associate Moodle assignments with learning standards.
- exabis competencies Block - Installation *
1) Save the zip file somewhere onto your local computer and extract all the files
2) Transfer the folder exacomp to the blocks-directory of Moodle (2.1) If you want to work with Exabis Competencies web services you have to copy the folder exacomp_local to the local-directory of Moodle
3) Log in as 'administrator' and click on the 'Home' link
If you want to use Exabis Competencies Webservices read the "webservice-info.txt" and follow the steps.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9
- This is the latest release for Moodle 2.7
- This is the latest release for Moodle 2.8
- The more recent release 4.5.1 (2016100500) exists for Moodle 2.9
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.