People 2.8 (Build: 2015012900)
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Moodle block which displays all teachers of a course with contact quicklinks, as well as a quicklink to the participants list
This plugin requires Moodle 2.8+
- 2015-01-29 - Improve layout and remove link to profile when user does not see profile icons
- 2015-01-29 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.8, no functionality change
- 2014-08-29 - Update README file
- 2014-06-30 - Drop support for Non-Bootstrap based themes
- 2014-06-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.7, no functionality change
- 2014-01-31 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.6, no functionality change
- 2013-10-15 - Bugfix: Block didn't respect course members which have multiple roles, now those members are listed with all of their roles
- 2013-07-30 - Transfer Github repository from github.com/abias/... to github.com/moodleuulm/...; Please update your Git paths if necessary
- 2013-07-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.5, no functionality change
- 2013-04-23 - Add required capability for placing block on MyMoodle page
- 2013-03-18 - Fix php strict standards bug, fix small performance issue, Code cleanup according to moodle codechecker
- 2013-02-18 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.4
- 2012-12-17 - New Feature: Block supports role names which have been renamed in course context
- 2012-11-30 - Bugfix: Block couldn't be added to frontpage, therefore it couldn't be used as sticky block
- 2012-11-27 - Small code cleanup
- 2012-10-10 - German language has been integrated into AMOS and was removed from this plugin. Please update your language packs with http://YOURMOODLEURL/admin/tool/langimport/index.php after installing this plugin version
- 2012-06-25 - Update version.php for Moodle 2.3
- 2012-06-01 - Initial version
Install the plugin like any other plugin to folder /blocks/people
block_people is used ideally as sticky block and appears on all of your course pages at the same position
See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Block_settings#Making_a_block_sticky_throughout_the_whole_site for details about sticky blocks
The block_people plugin displays a list of the course's teachers grouped by roles. The block shows the teacher's avatar, a quicklink to his/her profile and a quicklink to send him/her a message with the moodle message system. Furthermore, there is a quicklink to the participants list of the course.
block_people should work with all Bootstrap based Moodle Themes.
block_people has neither a settings page nor settings in config.php. Nevertheless, there are some Moodle settings it responds to:
1. List of teachers
block_people gets the list of teacher roles from $CFG->coursecontact. With this Moodle core setting, you can define which roles are displayed in block_people's list of teachers.
2. Quicklink for teachers
block_people only shows a quicklink to the teacher's profile if the user has the capability moodle/user:viewdetails See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Capabilities/moodle/user:viewdetails for details on this capability
block_people only shows a quicklink to the message system if the user has the capability moodle/site:sendmessage and if the Moodle message system is turnes on ($CFG->messaging) See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Capabilities/moodle/site:sendmessage for details on this capability and http://docs.moodle.org/en/Messaging for details on the messaging system
3. Participants List
block_people only shows the link to the participants list if the user has the capability moodle/course:viewparticipants. See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Capabilities/moodle/course:viewparticipants for details on this capability
4. Roles sort order
block_people shows teacher role groups in the order defined in /admin/roles/manage.php. Please visit this settings page if you want to modify the sort order
block_people is found in the Moodle Plugins repository: http://moodle.org/plugins/view/block_people
Report a bug or suggest an improvement: https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-block_people/issues
Moodle release support
Due to limited ressources, block_people is only maintained for the most recent major release of Moodle. However, previous versions of this plugin which work in legacy major releases of Moodle are still available as-is without any further updates in the Moodle Plugins repository.
There may be several weeks after a new major release of Moodle has been published until we can do a compatibility check and fix problems if necessary. If you encounter problems with a new major release of Moodle - or can confirm that block_people still works with a new major relase - please let us know on https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-block_people/issues
This plugin has not been tested with Moodle's support for right-to-left (RTL) languages. If you want to use this plugin with a RTL language and it doesn't work as-is, you are free to send me a pull request on github with modifications.
University of Ulm kiz - Media Department Team Web & Teaching Support Alexander Bias
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.