Course Checks Block
Course Checks Block 1.1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
BCU Course Checks Block
This block carries out a number of automated checks on a course, that are all user configurable. The checks were designed to encourage a minimum standard of course quality, instead of forcing users and restricting their abilities.
The block also has the option to allow users to "clear down" a course, simply removing any sections that don't have content. It won't delete any sections that have content and/or a summary.
The checks that can be carried out by this block are:
- Has the course got a summary, and image set?
- Is the course visible to students?
- Has guest access been disabled on the course (helps prevent issues with automatically enrolled students)
- Have the sections been renamed from their default heading?
- Have all of the sections got a summary?
- Have all sections got content
- What blocks should each course have added to them?
The block has been written and is currently maintained by Michael Grant working at Birmingham City University.
Documentation can be found at the page at Moodle wiki
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- 2014100700, 1.0.1 (2014100800), 1.0.2 (2014101700), 1.0.3 (2014111000), 1.0.4 (2014112700)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.6, Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8
- Latest release for Moodle 2.6
- Latest release for Moodle 2.7
- Latest release for Moodle 2.8
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.