Code prechecksHTML | XML
About this theme
This is the Bootstrap theme for Moodle.
- package Moodle Bootstrap 3 theme
- copyright 2014 Bas Brands. www.sonsbeekmedia.nl
- authors Bas Brands, David Scotson
- license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
This theme has been created with the help of: Stuart Lamour, Mark Aberdour, Paul Hibbitts, Mary Evans, Joby Harding, Gareth J Barnard
This theme is based on the Bootstrap CSS framework version 3.2.0 It contains all unmodified less* CSS sources from the Bootstrap CSS framework in folder /less/bootstrap. On top of the Bootstrap less CSS sources Moodle CSS is added to create this theme.
Modify this theme
Do not modify or clone this theme. If you want to customize this theme create a child theme, a simple child theme is available on: https://github.com/bmbrands/theme_cerulean
This theme works on Moodle 2.6 and Moodle 2.7
This is a Beta theme in development. It does not support: Internet Explorer8 & Right-to-Left laguages
IE9+ Recent versions of all modern browsers
Less CSS is a Object Oriented way of writing CSS code. All Less CSS files for this theme are stored in the /less folder. A developer can use recess to generate the CSS files in the /style folder. For more information read /less/README
Updating Bootstrap and Libraries
This theme uses the original unmodified version 3.1.1 Bootstrap less files. These are Object Oriented CSS files. The bootstrap repository is available on:
To update to the latest release of Bootstrap remove all files from less/bootstrap, download the new less files and store them in less/bootstrap Inclusion of bootstrap files is configured in less/moodle.less. To generate the new Moodle CSS read /less/README
Licenses & Authors
Bootstrap Copyright and license
Authors: Mark Otto, Jacob Thornton URL: http://getbootstrap.com/ License:
Copyright 2012 Twitter, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this work except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License in the LICENSE file, or at:
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Can be updated from
- 2014051302 (2014051302), 2014100300, 2014100300, 2014100300 (2014120800), 2014120800, 2014120800 (2014120800)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.6, Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8
- Latest release for Moodle 2.6
- Latest release for Moodle 2.7
- The more recent release 2015043000 (2015043000) exists for Moodle 2.8
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Themes
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (e.g. "ponies") in the "theme" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation