Pattern match 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
Pattern match question type
This question type was created by Jamie Pratt, working for the Open University (http://www.open.ac.uk/).
Students can enter a response of up to 20 words, which is then graded by matching it against vaious model answers expressed using a sophisticated patten matching algorithm. See http://docs.moodle.org/dev/The_OU_PMatch_algorithm
This question type is has been available since Moodle 2.1+. This version is compatible with Moodle 2.5+.
You will want to install superscript/subscript editor plugin (see https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-editor_supsub). This makes the superscript and subscript options in the question editing form. If the editor is not installed the question type can still be used but these options will not be available.
This question type should be installed like any other Moodle add-on. See http://docs.moodle.org/25/en/Installing_add-ons.
To install the question type using git, type this command in the root of your Moodle install
git clone git://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_pmatch.git question/type/pmatch
echo /question/type/pmatch/ >> .git/info/exclude
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
- Can be updated from
- 1.0 (2010090501), 1.0 (2010090501), 1.1 for Moodle 2.1 (2012081600), 1.1 for Moodle 2.2 (2012081600), 1.1 for Moodle 2.3+ (2012081600), 1.2 for Moodle 2.3+ (2013021200)
- Can be updated to
- 1.4 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014010800), 1.5 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014061900), 1.6 for Moodle 2.6+ (2014111200)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.5
- The more recent release 1.5 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014061900) exists for Moodle 2.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation