Question types: OU multiple response
OU multiple response 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
The OU Multi-response question type
This is a multiple-choice, multiple-response question type that was created by Mahmound Kassaei and Tim Hunt at the Open University (http://www.open.ac.uk/).
This version of this question type is compatible with Moodle 2.5+. There are other versions available for Moodle 2.1+.
To install using git, type these commands in the root of your Moodle install
git clone git://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_oumultiresponse.git question/type/oumultiresponse
echo '/question/type/oumultiresponse/' >> .git/info/exclude
Alternatively, download the zip from https://github.com/moodleou/moodle-qtype_oumultiresponse/zipball/master (Moodle 2.5 or later) unzip it into the question/type folder, and then rename the new folder to oumultiresponse.
The main difference from the standard Moodle multiple choice question type is in the way that grading works. When creating the question, the teacher just indicates which choices are correct. If there are n correct choices, then the student scores 1/n for each correct choice, and loses 1/n for each incorrect choice. So for example, suppose the question is:
Which of these animals are mammals?
Then ADEG (4 right out of 4) scores 100%. D (1 right) scores 25%. ADEGF (4 right, 1 wrong) scores 75%. ADEBC (3 right, 2 wrong) scores 25%. In interactive mode, the student is given more credit for choices that are selected correctly on the first try, even if it takes more tries to get some of the other choices correct.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 1.3 for Moodle 2.5+
- Can be updated from
- 1.0 (2011051200), 1.1 for Moodle 2.3+ (2012082200), 1.2 for Moodle 2.3+ (2013020700)
- Can be updated to
- 1.4 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014010800), 1.5 for Moodle 2.6+ (2014111200)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.5
- The more recent release 1.4 for Moodle 2.5+ (2014010800) exists for Moodle 2.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question types
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myquestiontype") in the "question/type" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation