Question behaviour: Interactive with explanation
Interactive with explanation 0.9
Code prechecksHTML | XML
This moodle question behaviour is based heavily on Tim Hunts deferred feedback with explanation question behaviour. https://github.com/timhunt/moodle-qbehaviour_deferredfeedbackexplain It has a requirement that this local plugin is also installed, which allows customisation. https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-local_qbehaviour_interactiveexplain
This behaviour is like the interactive with multiple attempts behaviour , but with an additional text box where students can give a reason why they gave the answer they did. No attempt is made to automatically grade the explanation, nor is it required. However, it may be used in various ways, for example
- The teacher may want to manually edit the grades where the student gave a wrong answer, to give partial credit if the student used the right method or approach.
- The student might want to explain their thinking, so that later, when the results and feedback are revealed, they are reminded of what they were thinking at the time, and so can reflect more deeply.
Note: 3rd party question behaviours do not work with the mobile app and there is no API at the moment to allow for that.
How to install
From the command prompt change to yourmoodle/question/behaviour
git clone https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qbehaviour_interactiveexplain interactiveexplain
Documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/qbehaviour_interactiveexplain
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.6, Moodle 3.7, Moodle 3.8, Moodle 3.9, Moodle 3.10
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.6
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.7
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.8
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.9
- This is the latest release for Moodle 3.10
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Question behaviour
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myqbehaviour") in the "question/behaviour" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation