Activities: Accredible Certificates and Badges
Accredible Certificates and Badges v1.4.14
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Accredible Moodle Activity Plugin
The Accredible platform enables organizations to create, manage and distribute digital credentials as digital certificates or open badges.
An example digital certificate and badge can be viewed here: https://www.credential.net/10000005
This plugin enables you to issue dynamic, digital certificates or open badges on your Moodle instance. They act as a replacement for the PDF certificates normally generated for your courses.
Here's a video showing a tutorial on how to install and start using the plugin:
This plugin has been tested and is working on Moodle 2.7+ and Moodle 3.1+.
There are two installation methods that are available. Follow one of these, then log into your Moodle site as an administrator and visit the notifications page to complete the install.
If you have git installed, simply visit the Moodle /mod directory and clone this repo:
git clone https://github.com/accredible/moodle-mod_accredible.git accredible
Download the zip
- Visit https://github.com/accredible/moodle-mod_accredible and download the zip.
- Extract the zip file's contents and rename it 'accredible'. You have to rename it for the plugin to work.
- Place the folder in your /mod folder, inside your Moodle directory.
Get your API key
Make sure you have your API key from Accredible. It's available from the settings page on our dashboard: https://dashboard.accredible.com.
Continue Moodle set up
Start by installing the new plugin (go to Site Administration > Notifications if your Moodle doesn't ask you to install automatically).
After clicking 'Upgrade Moodle database now', this is when you'll enter your API key from Accredible.
Creating a Certificate or Badge
Add an Activity
Go to the course you want to issue certificates or badges for and add an Accredible activity. First select add activity:
then select Accredible:
Issuing a certificate or badge is easy - choose from 3 issuing options:
- Pick student names and manually issue credentials. Only students that don't already have a credential will show a checkbox.
- Choose the Quiz Activity that represents the final exam, and set a minimum grade requirement. Certificates/Badges will get issued as soon as the student receives a grade above the threshold.
- Choose for a student to receive their certificate/badge when they complete the course if you've setup completion tracking.
Note: if you set both types of auto-issue criteria, completing either will issue a certificate/badge.
Note: Make sure you don't allow students to set their completion of the Accredible activity or they'll be able to issue their own certificates/badges.
Once you've added the activity to your course we'll auto-create a Group on your Accredible account where these credentials will belong. You'll see this on your dashboard.
Then select a certificate design and or badge design to be able to send out credentails in this group.
From now on new certificates and badges will be automatically sent to recipients based upon the criteria you chose.
You are able to add, edit and remove your badges and certificates at any time through the platform.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have issues or ideas on how we can make this integration better.
If you discover any bugs, feel free to create an issue on GitHub. Please add as much information as possible to help us fixing the possible bug. We also encourage you to help even more by forking and sending us a pull request.
Why is nothing showing up? I can't see a certificate.
A certificate isn't created until you've either manually created one or had a student go through the criteria you set on the activity. For example if you select some required activities then a certificate won't be created until an enrolled student has completed them. Completing an activity or quiz as a course admin won't create a certificate.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0, Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 2.7
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 2.8
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 2.9
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.0
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.1
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.2
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.3
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.4
- The more recent release v1.5.0 (2019030701) exists for Moodle 3.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation