Login / User info
Login / User info v3.1-r1
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Moodle block which provides all functionality of block_login and displays additional information (username, avatar, logout button) as soon as the user is logged in
This plugin requires Moodle 3.0+ or Moodle 3.1+
- 2016-11-19 - New release v3.1-r1 (2016111900): Checked compatibility for Moodle 3.1, no functionality change, some coding style amendments
- 2016-11-19 - Updated info of the new maintainer
- 2016-11-19 - Transfer Github repository from github.com/moodleuulm/... to github.com/EizEddin/...; Please update your Git paths if necessary
- 2016-02-10 - Change plugin version and release scheme to the scheme promoted by moodle.org, no functionality change
- 2016-01-25 - Improve RewriteRules in README, no functionality change - Credits to Daniel Ruf
- 2016-01-01 - Check compatibility for Moodle 3.0, no functionality change
- 2015-08-21 - Change My Moodle to Dashboard in language pack
- 2015-08-18 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.9, no functionality change
- 2015-01-23 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.8, no functionality change
- 2014-08-29 - Update README file
- 2014-08-19 - Use another "username" string when $CFG->authloginviaemail is used
- 2014-06-30 - Drop support for Non-Bootstrap based themes
- 2014-06-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.7, no functionality change
- 2014-01-31 - Bugfix: This block used the same title as the core block_login plugin which caused CLI updates to fail under certain circumstances
- 2014-01-31 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.6, no functionality change
- 2013-09-02 - Add non-vendor-prefixed styles for pulse text style (used when displaying failed logins)
- 2013-07-30 - Transfer Github repository from github.com/abias/... to github.com/moodleuulm/...; Please update your Git paths if necessary
- 2013-07-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.5, no functionality change
- 2013-04-23 - Add required capability for placing block on MyMoodle page
- 2013-03-25 - Small code change because of change in Moodle core which is the basis for this plugin
- 2013-03-18 - Fix php strict standards bug, Code cleanup according to moodle codechecker
- 2013-02-18 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.4, modified HTML and CSS to overcome problems in some core themes. Please check your custom theme if you have one
- 2012-11-27 - German language has been integrated into AMOS and was removed from this plugin. Please update your language packs with http://YOURMOODLEURL/admin/tool/langimport/index.php after installing this plugin version
- 2012-11-27 - Small code cleanup
- 2012-09-26 - Replace deprecated get_context_instance function
- 2012-06-25 - Initial version
Install the plugin like any other plugin to folder /blocks/login_userinfo
block_login_userinfo is used ideally as sticky block and appears on all of your moodle pages at the same position
See http://docs.moodle.org/en/Block_settings#Making_a_block_sticky_throughout_the_whole_site for details about sticky blocks
The block_login_userinfo plugin has two views:
- As long as the user is logged out, it displays a login form just as block_login does.
- As soon as the user is logged in, block_login dispears. In contrast to this, block_login_userinfo displays pleasant information about the logged in user like his/her username, his/her avatar. Additionally, it displays a logout button where the user expects it to be: exactly at the position where the login button was previously.
Furthermore, for teachers and admins, block_login_userinfo shows exactly the same information as the login info section which is normally found in the top right corner of your moodle page - especially information about role changes and about failed user logins.
block_login_userinfo should work with all Bootstrap based Moodle Themes.
As block_login_userinfo duplicates information and widgets from the login info section which is normally found in the top right corner of your moodle page, I recommend to experienced themers to remove $OUTPUT->login_info() from your theme layout files.
block_login_userinfo has neither a settings page nor settings in config.php.
block_login_userinfo is found in the Moodle Plugins repository: https://moodle.org/plugins/view/block_login_userinfo
Report a bug or suggest an improvement: https://github.com/EizEddin/moodle-block_login_userinfo/issues
Moodle release support
Due to limited resources, block_login_userinfo is only maintained for the most recent major release of Moodle. However, previous versions of this plugin which work in legacy major releases of Moodle are still available as-is without any further updates in the Moodle Plugins repository.
There may be several weeks after a new major release of Moodle has been published until we can do a compatibility check and fix problems if necessary. If you encounter problems with a new major release of Moodle - or can confirm that block_login_userinfo still works with a new major relase - please let us know on https://github.com/EizEddin/moodle-block_login_userinfo/issues
This plugin has not been tested with Moodle's support for right-to-left (RTL) languages. If you want to use this plugin with a RTL language and it doesn't work as-is, you are free to send me a pull request on github with modifications.
2016 onwards Eiz Eddin Al Katrib
University of Ulm kiz - Media Department Team Web & Teaching Support Alexander Bias
Change of maintainer
On 18/11/2016, this plugin was transferred to Eiz Eddin Al Katrib who is now the main maintainer.
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Blocks
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the block folder.
- Place the folder (eg "myblock") in the "blocks" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to complete the installation
- Turn editing on in any home or course page.
- Add the block to the page
- Visit the config link in the block for more options.