JazzQuiz 0.9.1 (Build: 2018103102)
What is it?
JazzQuiz is designed to be used in face-to-face lessons. The teacher may plan questions in advance, but can also easily improvise on the fly. Write your question on the blackboard, and select an appropriate question type from the dropdown menu. Several improvise questions will already be included: Short answer, multichoice (3, 4 & 5), true/false.
During the lesson, the teacher starts the quiz. Students can now connect to this quiz. Once the teacher is satisfied that all students have connected to the quiz, they can click on Start Quiz Depending on the question settings the question will end automatically, or will need to be ended via the instructor's End question button. The teacher can start a vote, with the selected responses, which students can answer.
The teacher can, at a later date, go back through the results and, for each question, see exactly what answer each student gave. The repolls are treated as separate questions, and you will get a correct order in the review page.
User Documentation: http://confluence.uials.no:8090/display/KQMATHPUB/JazzQuiz
Moodle plugins directory
Click on Install now within the Plugins directory, and then select your site from the list of "My sites"
Unzip all the files into a temporary directory. Copy the jazzquiz folder into moodle/mod. The system administrator should then log in to moodle and click on the Notifications link in the Site administration block.
Delete the module from the Activities module list in the admin section.
Project lead: Hans Georg Schaathun: email@example.com
Developer: Sebastian S. Gundersen: firstname.lastname@example.org
The original plugin, Realtime Quiz, was written by Davo Smith: email@example.com
Afterwards came ActiveQuiz, funded by an educational innovation grant given to the Medical school, the University of Wisconsin - Madison. The plugin was rewritten to integrate the core Moodle question engine. John Hoopes: firstname.lastname@example.org
JazzQuiz is a fork of ActiveQuiz, intended for different use cases.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 0.9.1 (Build: 2018103102)
- Can be updated from
- 0.9.0 (Build: 2018091210) (2018091210)
- Can be updated to
- 0.9.4 (Build: 2019062100) (2019062100)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 3.1, Moodle 3.2, Moodle 3.3, Moodle 3.4, Moodle 3.5
- Latest release for Moodle 3.1
- Latest release for Moodle 3.2
- Latest release for Moodle 3.3
- Latest release for Moodle 3.4
- The more recent release 1.0.0 (Build: 2019073000) (2019073000) exists for Moodle 3.5
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Activities
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "assignment") in the "mod" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation