Re-sort Courses 2.9 (Build: 2015082100)
Code prechecksHTML | XML
Moodle plugin which sorts a category page automatically as soon as a course has been added or modified
This plugin requires Moodle 2.9+
- 2015-08-21 - Avoid PHP warnings caused by accessing undefined property - Credits to Jarosław Maciejewski
- 2015-08-18 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.9, no functionality change
- 2015-01-29 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.8, no functionality change
- 2014-08-29 - Update README file
- 2014-08-25 - Support new event API, remove legacy event handling
- 2014-06-30 - Bugfix: Sorting by course start date and by course id was broken
- 2014-06-30 - Support new logging API, remove legacy logging
- 2014-06-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.7, no functionality change
- 2014-01-31 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.6, no functionality change
- 2013-07-30 - Transfer Github repository from github.com/abias/... to github.com/moodleuulm/...; Please update your Git paths if necessary
- 2013-07-30 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.5, no functionality change
- 2013-04-23 - Check if we need to specify log events
- 2013-03-18 - Code cleanup according to moodle codechecker
- 2013-02-18 - Check compatibility for Moodle 2.4, fix language string names to comply with language string name convention
- 2013-01-21 - Migrate plugin settings from config.php to a settings page within Moodle
- 2012-06-25 - Update version.php for Moodle 2.3
- 2012-06-01 - Initial version
Install the plugin like any other plugin to folder /local/resort_courses
Usage & Settings
The local_resort_courses plugin acts completely behind the scenes. After installing local_resort_courses, as soon as a course has been added or modified in a category, local_resort_courses verifies that the containing category page is automatically sorted just as it would be sorted when you click the "Re-sort courses by name" button on the category page. To configure the behaviour of the plugin, please visit Plugins -> Local plugins -> Re-sort courses.
There, you find two sections:
1. Sort order
By default, local_resort_courses sorts categories by course full name in ascending order, just as the "Re-sort courses by name" button on the category page does. By setting the "Sort order" setting to another value, you can control the sort order of the course list.
2. Skip categories
By default, local_resort_courses handles re-sort jobs for every category. By selecting one or multiple categories in the "Skip categories" setting, you can define categories which mustn't be sorted automatically and whose sort order can still be controlled manually.
By default, when you select one or multiple categories in the "Skip categories" setting, local_resort_courses skips only the categories which are selected in the preceding setting. By checking the "Skip categories recursively" setting, you can define that local_resort_courses should skip the selected categories and all of their descendant categories when handling re-sort jobs.
The local_resort_courses plugin acts behind the scenes, therefore it works with all Moodle Themes.
local_resort_courses is found in the Moodle Plugins repository: http://moodle.org/plugins/view/local_resort_courses
Report a bug or suggest an improvement: https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-local_resort_courses/issues
Moodle release support
Due to limited ressources, local_resort_courses is only maintained for the most recent major release of Moodle. However, previous versions of this plugin which work in legacy major releases of Moodle are still available as-is without any further updates in the Moodle Plugins repository.
There may be several weeks after a new major release of Moodle has been published until we can do a compatibility check and fix problems if necessary. If you encounter problems with a new major release of Moodle - or can confirm that local_resort_courses still works with a new major relase - please let us know on https://github.com/moodleuulm/moodle-local_resort_courses/issues
This plugin has not been tested with Moodle's support for right-to-left (RTL) languages. If you want to use this plugin with a RTL language and it doesn't work as-is, you are free to send me a pull request on github with modifications.
University of Ulm kiz - Media Department Team Web & Teaching Support Alexander Bias
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2.9 (Build: 2015082100)
- Can be updated from
- 2.9 (Build: 2015081800)
- Can be updated to
- 3.0 (Build: 2016010100), 3.0 (Build: 2016010101)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- Moodle 2.9
- Latest release for Moodle 2.9
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type General plugins (Local)
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder in the "local" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation.