Code-checker 2.3.2 - Candelaria, mojo's paradise!
Moodle Code Checker
Changes in version 2.3.2 (20140815) - Candelaria, mojo's paradise!
- CONTRIB-5240: Fix CamelCase problems (so it works ok on any OS, no matter its file case-sensitiveness).
- NOBUG: Allow clone() (T_CLONE) to be used as function.
- NOBUG: Add some sensible exclude defaults (Tim Hunt).
- NOBUG: Sort results by path (Tim Hunt).
- CONTRIB-5175: Fixed some regexp false positives (CONTRIB-4146 regression).
This Moodle plugin uses the Pear CodeSniffer library to check that code follows the Moodle coding guidelines, available @ .
It was created by developers at the Open University, including Sam Marshall, Tim Hunt and Jenny Gray. It is now maintained by Moodle HQ.
Available releases can be downloaded and installed from .
To install it using git, type this command in the root of your Moodle install:
git clone git://github.com/moodlehq/moodle-local_codechecker.git local/codechecker
Then add /local/codechecker to your git ignore.
Alternatively, download the zip from , unzip it into the local folder, and then rename the new folder to "codechecker".
After you have installed this local plugin, you should see a new option in the settings block:
> Site administration -> Development -> Code checker
We hope you find this tool useful. Please feel free to enhance it. Report any idea or bug @ , thanks!
- If if you use Eclipse for development, you might want to install the PHP CodeSniffer plugin (http://www.phpsrc.org/).
- Create a new "CodeSniffer standard" in the preferences page.
- Point it at the moodle directory inside the codechecker folder.
- Thank Michael Aherne from University of Strathclyde who worked this out!
- Install the phpcs cli tool
- Open PhpStorm preferences
- Go to PHP > CodeSniffer and supply the path to the phpcs executable
- Go to Inspections > PHP > PHP Code Sniffer Validation
- In the 'coding standard' dropdown select 'custom' and press the [...] button next to the path to the coding standard. Point is at the moodle directory inside the this plugin directory.
- Version build number
- Version release name
- 2.3.2 - Candelaria, mojo's paradise!
- Can be updated from
- 2012030100, 2.2.1 (2012040800), 2.2.2 (2012061600), 2.2.5 (2013021400), 2.2.6 (2013031200), 2.2.7 (2013060600), 2.2.8 (2013071300), 2.2.9 (2013101800), 2.3.0 (2014021700), 2.3.1 - San Fermín release! (2014070700)
- Can be updated to
- 2.5.1 - Valentinius release! (2016021400), 2.5.2 - The March begins (2016031400), 2.5.3 - Another dent to indent (2016060800), 2.5.4 (2016093000), 2.7.0 - Boosting you! (2017052700)
- Stable version
- MD5 Sum
- Supported software
- PHP 5.3, PHP 5.4, Moodle 2.2, Moodle 2.3, Moodle 2.4, Moodle 2.5, Moodle 2.6, PHP 5.5, Moodle 2.7, Moodle 2.8, Moodle 2.9, Moodle 3.0
- Latest release for Moodle 2.2
- Latest release for Moodle 2.3
- Latest release for Moodle 2.4
- Latest release for Moodle 2.5
- Latest release for Moodle 2.6
- The more recent release 2.7.2 - Barcelona awesomeness (2018070100) exists for Moodle 2.7
- The more recent release 2.7.2 - Barcelona awesomeness (2018070100) exists for Moodle 2.8
- The more recent release 2.7.2 - Barcelona awesomeness (2018070100) exists for Moodle 2.9
- The more recent release 2.7.2 - Barcelona awesomeness (2018070100) exists for Moodle 3.0
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type General plugins (Local)
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder in the "local" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation.