Collapsed Topics 184.108.40.206
Version 220.127.116.11 - 15/11/2021
- Fix 'Error in urls for additional information' - #116.
- Add 'enableadditionalmoddata' setting to turn on / off additional information at a site level. Default is 'off'!
- Improve documentation for Toggle blocks location' functionality - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=428924 and #100.
- Improve user enrolment event handling to be more efficient for activity information - #114.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 01/11/2021
- Refactor - remove redundant 'bsnewgrid' functionality that supported the transition from BootStrap 2.3.2.
- Refactor - add display instructions template.
- Refactor - add toggle all template.
- Refactor - add hidden section template.
- Refactor - add section summary template.
- Refactor - add stealth section template.
- Refactor - add single section template.
- Refactor - add section template.
- Separate out 'Activity information' as a separate reset, new capability 'changeactivitymeta' and fix the
'forum' module in the list of enabled plugins so that it can be enabled and the others disabled and 'showadditionalmoddata'
still take effect.
- Remove redundant BS2.3.2 support on reset section of course settings.
- Calculate the students in 'activitystudentscache' only once per course.
- Refactor - add section course module meta template.
- Refactor - add section course module template.
- Added 'courseadditionalmoddatamaxstudents' setting to restrict, if desired, the display of the activity information on a a course of the number of students on that course exceeds it. When 'showadditionalmoddata' is enabled on a course, then additional information about the status of this is shown underneath the setting on the course settings page. This is so that large courses can be automatically prevented from showing the information as the calculations would take an unacceptable amount of time to compute. It is up to the administrator to set the figure based upon benchmarking / testing of the performance characteristics of the server. The default is '0', which means 'unlimited' number of students.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 30/09/2021
- Add support for Forums in "Course page further information" - #105.
- Fix 'Collapsed topics rollover settings aren't accessible' - #111.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 20/08/2021
- Add 'aria-controls' (https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/examples/disclosure/disclosure-faq.html) - CONTRIB-8637.
- Add caching to activity meta information in the hope of improving performance.
- Add 'aria-live=polite' to the section content and 'aria-controls' to the open / close all buttons - CONTRIB-8637.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 02/07/2021
- Fix 'PHP Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null' when accessing a single section page on PHP 7.4.
- Reset language improvements in line with global default tracking as implemented in 184.108.40.206.
- Improved backup restore with numsections.
- Added 'Toggle blocks location' functionality, thanks to John Joubert (https://github.com/John-Joubert) for the patch - #100.
- Fix 'Deprecation warning for 3.11' - #99.
- Fix 'Section content is in a column when using horizontal columns on a single section page'.
- Fix 'Column orientation combo box strings'.
- Improve activity meta from information gained on #101.
- No longer need 'config.php' because of #100.
- New 'Accessible back to main course link' - #66.
- Apply MDL-71634.
- Removed conflicting activity meta information that is now in core.
Version 220.127.116.11 - 07/03/2021
- Fix intended setting values are changed.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 04/03/2021
- Improve colour picker to show the initial value in the current / preview colour boxes.
- Port of Adaptable fix 'Activity meta information not showing when student first accesses page' - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=417731.
- Fix completion progress tooltip not working - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=419034.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 02/02/2021
- Fix 'course settings do not override defaults' - ref: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=417589.
- Fix 'Undefined property: stdClass::$groupmember in moodle/course/format/topcoll/classes/activity.php on line 650' - #93.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 12/01/2021
- Make engagement information optional - #80 and #91 - thanks to Nina Herrmann (https://github.com/NinaHerrmann) for the enhancement.
- All course settings now have an option to track the value of the global default as set by the administrator. Thus, when they change, then the course changes without any user interaction on the course. The reset course functionality is still there and will set the value of the setting to the this 'new' default value. The default colour value is '-' and the colour picker box will show the colour that has been set as the default. All other settings will state what the default currently is.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 10/11/2020
Note: Functionally the same as 184.108.40.206. 1. Fix 'Tests fail on PHP7.4' - #77. 2. Colour fixes for Adaptable theme version 3.0.0. 3. Fix 'Show hidden sections in collapsed form does not reveal section titles to students' - CONTRIB-7510. 4. Port of fixes to activity meta from Adaptable - https://gitlab.com/jezhops/moodle-theme_adaptable/-/issues/161. 5. Fix 'Lesson meta information shows "Not attempted" even if it has been' - #79. 6. Update activity.php from Adaptable. 7. Due date label doesn't honor overridden dates for mod_assign - #82 - thanks to https://github.com/golenkovm for the patch. 8. Initial Behat test. 9. No students port from Adaptable - https://gitlab.com/jezhops/moodle-theme_adaptable/-/issues/185. 10. Fix 'Due date disappears when moving activities' - #87. 11. Fix 'Issue with Assignment Meta-information' - #86. 12. Make show information alert colors accessible - #88 - thanks to https://github.com/haietza for the colours.
Version 220.127.116.11 - 31/07/2020
- Add 'Duplicate section' functionality from 'onetopic' format, thanks to David Herney Bernal for the code - #72.
- Apply MDL-68330 - #74.
Version 18.104.22.168 - 24/07/2020
- Fix title.
Version 22.214.171.124 - 21/07/2020
- Fix logic in restore of backup file for 'numsections' - #73.
Version 126.96.36.199 - 19/07/2020
- Apply MDL-65539.
- Apply MDL-68231.
- Apply MDL-68235.
- Apply MDL-69065.
- Fix issue where 'numsections' is set to '0' on restore of backup file that does not have it set.
Version 188.8.131.52 - 29/06/2020
- Added 'Course page further information' functionality from Adaptable theme.
Version 184.108.40.206 - 31/03/2020
- Fix 'Section edit link is moved on top of previous sections edit link when deleting a section' - CONTRIB-7957.
- Fix 'Multiple columns changes to one column for students when last section is set to hidden' - CONTRIB-8008.
- Fix current section bar overlap.
- Fix Collapsed topics format zoom issue - CONTRIB-7893.
- Adjust position of 'view only' icon.
- More accessible open all / close all - #67.
- Moodle 3.8 version based on V220.127.116.11.
- Add missing Moodle define.
- Fix "Collapsed Topic Content/EditMenu Overlap" - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=388969.
- Fix error with analytic - get_section_dates function - thanks to https://github.com/tuanngocnguyen for the patch - #65.
- Improve accessibility by having the 'left', 'content' and 'right' section areas in that order rather than 'left', 'right' and 'content' which makes the tab order wrong.
- Beta version for Moodle 3.7 based on 18.104.22.168.
- Apply MDL-64819 - #61.
- Fix phpunit tests for MDL-64492 - thanks to Rossco Hellmans for the patch - #59.
- Added SVG version of one section icon - thanks to Luca Bösch for the patch - #60.
- New: Accordion/Collapsed Topic aria attributes improvements - thanks to John Y for the patch - #62 and #63.
- Fix position of activity / resource editing menu.
- Change position of the window when clicking on a section anchor such that a navbar would not be in the way. Thanks for the information in the Adaptable theme referencing: https://github.com/twbs/bootstrap/issues/1768.
- Added the course and admin settings to enable or disable the toggle all functionality. Reset in the 'layout' area with associated capability for non-admins.
- Added the course and admin settings to enable or disable the view single section functionality. Reset in the 'layout' area with associated capability for non-admins.
- Fix invalid HTML in case of zero section elements - thanks to Mario Wehr for raising this - #47.
- Fix: PHP Unit test failure (due to MDL-62680) - thanks to Anupama Dharmajan for the patch - #52.
- Fix: Two strange input fields remain in teacher view when all capabilities are forbidden - thanks to Tobias Reischmann for the patch - #54.
- Fix: Selecting specific topics breaks a section just above the selected topic - CONTRIB-7607.
- New: Improve accessibility of the open and close all buttons - thanks to Rossco Hellmans for the patch - #56.
- New: Based on '5', add key operation of toggles.
- Beta version for Moodle 3.6.
- Fix CONTRIB-7434: With reference to 'global_start_keyboard_drag' and 'find_element_text' in /lib/yui/src/dragdrop/js/dragdrop.js and 'initializer' of /course/yui/src/dragdrop/js/resource.js this is down to the 'droptargets' list not containing a node that contains the section name because CT has broken down the section content into two separate sub-sections and other core course formats only have the one section containing the section markup. Therefore the solution effectively allows 'find_element_text' to find the hidden section name first within the 'labelroot' node that is determined.
- When accessing a module through a single section page (not the navigation block) then ensure that you are returned to the same single section page when using the breadcrumb.
- Fix 'Edit section name button disappearing when moving section and Toggle word added' - #44 - with thanks to Joshua Ebarvia - https://github.com/jebarviabb - for the patch.
- Tidy up one section icon.
- Fix CONTRIB-7393.
- Treat themes using Boost as a parent the same as Boost - thanks to Tony Butler.
- M3.5 version based on V22.214.171.124.
- Put back 'numsections'.
- Fix colour popup form element not rendering correctly in Boost theme.
- Apply MDL-60241 course: General section always visible.
- Support Privacy API.
- Fix #40.
- First beta version for M3.4.
- Revert MDL-55074 by applying MDL-57412 - #30.
- Fix CONTRIB-7056 - Edit menu cut off for some activities when using collapsed topics and boost.
- Apply MDL-35628 - thanks to Skylar Kelty for the patch.
- Fix missing reset course settings.
- Add 'numsections' coping restore code from Topics format.
- Fix toggle all cursor.
- Add folder icon from /pix/f.
- One section only.
- Remove 'coursedisplay' setting favour of combining the two and adding a link on the right of the toggle.
- Add opactity option for all four toggle colour settings.
- private or protected - #31.
- Fix Boost theme :target CSS conflict.
- Make the 'readme' course setting only display and not store in the database, thus regenerate and not broken in the course backup.
- Fix not being able to tab to colour settings.
- Implement MDL-4782. Ref: 'https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Stealth_activities' - 'allowstealth' admin setting.
- Apply MDL-55074 - #30.
- Remove old 'format_topcoll_delete_course' function and replace with '\core\event\course_content_deleted' event.
- Add Boost theme specific style sheet - not the best of solutions but only one at the moment I can think of.
- Detect 'Boost' theme as different grid system and no way core would put in code for a contributed plugin.
- Update Travis CI.
- Update tests for M3.2 and 'boost' as the new default theme. Note: Need to write 'Boost' specific tests.
- Improve and fix responsive column layouts.
- Cursor style in M3.1 when not editing - #25.
- Fix toggle operating when editing the section name inline.
- Fix the width of the input box for section name inline editing.
- Fix inoperable toggle on iPhone's / iPad's.
- Removed IE8 support.
- First stable version for Moodle 3.1.
- Alpha version for Moodle 3.1.
- Refactor to use spans instead of links for the toggle for MDL-51802 as cannot have a link in a link.
- Implement MDL-51802.
- Put back word-break on section-title.
- Change edit summary to edit section on cog icon to be consistent.
- Fix editing side width.
- Change colour setting type from 'text' to 'colourtext - 'ftext' -> 'fcolourtext' for theme styling.
- Fix 'Managers assigned at Course Category levels cannot change topcoll settings until course exists' - #24.
- Implement MDL-26226 / CONTRIB-6178.
- TravisCI fixes.
- Code checker tidy up.
- ARIA button role: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Accessibility/ARIA/ARIA_Techniques/Using_the_button_role but still need to think about keyboard control.
- Add TravisCI support: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Travis_Integration and https://github.com/moodlerooms/moodle-plugin-ci.
- Simplify icon set CSS.
- Using https://github.com/squizlabs/PHP_CodeSniffer/wiki/Advanced-Usage#ignoring-parts-of-a-file on bitwise operators in module.js until CONTRIB-5862 / https://github.com/moodlerooms/moodle-plugin-ci/issues/6 resolved.
- Fixed #22, Orphaned sections are not responsive.
- Stable version.
- Start of PHPUnit tests.
- Fixed #18, Collapsed Topics Edit menu and MDL-42634-28, ref: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/issues/18
- Fixed slight issue with heading colour conflict and themes.
- Fixed #19, Drag and drop handle does not show when editing in RTL.
- Apply MDL-10405.
- Added responsive theme support, now a new 'Format responsive' setting in Site Administration -> Plugins -> Course Formats -> Collapsed Topics where you can turn on the old responsive behaviour that the format provided if you don't have a responsive theme.
- Fixed 'Strict standards warning shown when using collapsed topics format' - CONTRIB-5974.
- Fixed iconset issue when editing the course settings.
- Fixed hidden content margins.
- Fixed display of sections when 'Hidden sections' is set to 'Hidden sections are shown in collapsed form' and the 'Structure' is one of 'Current topic first' or 'Current week first'.
- Language files tidy up.
- Fix left and right section information not being displayed in Bootstrap V3 themes.
- Improve RTL support by swapping left and right sides.
- Improve side widths in different languages by checking that the value retrieved is for the current language and not the default English one by mistake so that the default value in the styles.css file is used in preference.
- Fix position of icon set icon in course settings 'Icon set' drop down.
- Fix missing ground signal icon in course settings 'Icon set' drop down.
- Change 'Configuration' setting 'What to do with the toggles when the user first accesses the course, adds more sections or toggle peristence is off' to 'Initial toggle state' for clarity.
- Removed MyMobile theme support as theme has passed away.
- Fix CONTRIB-5817.
- Update readme.
- Fix 'Edit quiz page displays oddly' - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=317476.
- Fixed coding fault when restoring a course from backup file.
- Fixed broken default for defaulttoggleiconsize - thanks to Davo Smith - issue #16.
- First stable version for Moodle 2.9.
- Added the capability to delete a section.
- Tidy up column padding after testing with Shoehorn. TODO: Decide if column padding is needed now.
- Removed out of date development test code.
- Removed out of date IE7 styles.
- First 'release candidate' version for Moodle 2.9.
- Fixed logic flaw with section parameters on course URL's when using single page display.
- Added print media styles.
- Version information to no longer have the date as will work better.
27th January 2015 Version 126.96.36.199
- Refix issue #4 - No block drag and drop icon when blockeditingmenu is false - activity editing menu no longer shows.
23rd January 2015 Version 2.8.2
- New 'Do not show date' feature gratefully funded by 'GAC Corporate Academy, GAC HQ, Dubai, UAE (http://www.gacacademy.com)'.
- Fix issue #14 - No block drag and drop icon when blockeditingmenu is false.
11th December 2014 Version 188.8.131.52
- New 'Show section summary when collapsed' feature gratefully funded by 'Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand - https://ecnz.ac.nz'.
- Fix CONTRIB-5472.
- Integrated 'Use core required_param for toggle parameters.': https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/pull/12 "This work was made possible through funding from Te Rito Maioha Early Childhood New Zealand". Improves on work instigated in CONTRIB-5211 and related to MDL-46754.
- Improved HTTP protocol handling in 'settopcollpref.php'.
16th November 2014 Version 2.8.1
- Stable version for Moodle 2.8.
10th November 2014 Version 184.108.40.206 - Release Candidate 00---------------------------------------------------- 1. Release candidate for Moodle 2.8 - NOT for production servers.
20th September 2014 Version 220.127.116.11
- Fixed issue where a debug message was being written to the PHP error log.
- When toggle persistence is off then the state of the toggles on page load will depend on the default user preference setting.
- Added the ability to set the size of the toggle icon site wide as: Small = 16px, Medium = 24px and Large = 32px.
- Added the ability to set each corner of the toggle border radius site wide between 0.0 and 4.0em in increments of 0.1.
19th August 2014 Version 18.104.22.168 1. Fixed issue #11: Moodle notice - https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-format_topcoll/issues/11.
18th August 2014 Version 22.214.171.124 1. Fixed a few typos. 2. Fixed CONTRIB-5211: Section 5 does not remain expanded when browsing away and back.
17th July 2014 Version 126.96.36.199 1. Slight tweak to css to tidy things up when editing. 2. Patch for IE8(!!!) kindly supplied by Mathew Gancarz - https://moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=1471695. To fix an issue where the activities / resources were still being displayed even after the toggle had closed. If you are still on IE8, then please see this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/pc-security/updates.aspx?linkId=8591289. 3. Fixed being able to manipulate sections via left and right content areas on tablets. Thanks to Rick Jerz for reporting this on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=263739.
12th June 2014 Version 188.8.131.52 1. Fixed toggle name word break: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=261388. 2. Added toggle foreground colour hover.
20th May 2014 Version 2.7.1 - Stable. 1. Stable release for M2.7. 2. Fixed CONTRIB-5073 - invisible section causes an error with "topcoll" format.
22nd April 2014 Version 184.108.40.206 - BETA 1. First beta version for Moodle 2.7beta.
17th April 2014 Version 220.127.116.11 1. Fixed CONTRIB-4999 with the arrangement of the editing icon and associated functionality such that a better solution is applied for the specific nature of the format.
28th March 2014 Version 18.104.22.168 1. Fixed slight issue with mobile / tablet display issue of toggle all and instructions. 2. Fixed issue with Bootstrap 3 breaking the layout of hidden sections when >= 2 columns. 3. Fixed hidden section when "Hidden sections are shown in collapsed form." mode breaks columns. 4. Fixed slight mobile / tablet display issues as shown on https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=256093. 5. Optimised 'print_multiple_section_page' in 'renderer.php' by using a 'break' instead of a 'continue' when the number of sections is exceeded.
20th February 2014 Version 22.214.171.124 1. Refactoring for the 'Elegance' theme: https://github.com/moodleman/moodle-theme_elegance.
16th January 2014 Version 126.96.36.199 1. Fixed Essential theme overriding toggle text colour - see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=251951. 2. Fixed bullet point styles - see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=251944. 3. Refactored 'print_single_section_page()' in 'renderer.php' to call parent version of method and thus reduce code duplication and maintenance. 4. Removed duplicate section title when editing.
18th December 2013 Version 188.8.131.52 1. Fixed issue reported by Graham Woodsford whereby teachers could not create Collapsed Topics courses. This is because the validation method 'edit_form_validation' in 'lib.php' was failing the values passed to it. These happened to be the hidden label values from 'course_format_options' which were being used because the 'Course creator' role that teachers have before becoming an 'editingteacher' role as defined in 'db/access.php' does not allow the teacher to have the the 'format/topcoll:changelayout', 'format/topcoll:changecolour', 'format/topcoll:changetogglealignment' and 'format/topcoll:changetoggleiconset' capabilities. This also implies that the values of the other settings are wrong, which in fact they are, causing courses to be created (after fixing the colour settings for 'edit_form_validation') with odd values and not the defaults resulting in no icon set etc. And therefore needing to go back to edit the course settings.
Ok, this now leads on to a dilemma. Currently the course creator role does not have the CT capabilities listed above. If they were added to 'access.php' then the role would have them (existing CT admins would have to add manually). Then the teacher would see all the options when first creating a course as they do whilst editing. However, this means that if you wish to restrict the teacher from changing things as is the purpose of the capabilities in the first place, then you have to remove the capability in both the 'coursecreator' and 'editingteacher' roles. This is because by default 'coursecreator' is above 'editingteacher' and once enrolled on the course after having created it, the teacher has both. This makes things a bit complex and to be honest not that admin friendly. Therefore to keep things simple in what is in reality an event that is rare, I have decided not to add the capabilities to the 'coursecreator' role. This is additionally based on the presumed work-flow of a teacher where they create the course using the defaults, look at it and then decide what to change in the settings. The fix as it stands will facilitate this.
18th November 2013 Version 2.6.1 Change by G J Barnard 1. Fixed slight issue with lack of prefixing '#' for colour settings in default settings.
14th November 2013 Version 184.108.40.206 1. Initial BETA code for Moodle 2.6.
14th November 2013 Version 220.127.116.11 1. Changes for 'Accessibility' based upon MDL-41252. 2. Fully implemented MDL-39542. 3. Slight tweak to colour pop up code such that default settings courses don't have a prefixing '#'. 4. Implemented validation on colours as an implied result of CONTRIB-4736. Thanks to Kirill Astashov for this. 5. Fixed sections not being aligned at the top when more than one column and with a vertical column orientation. 6. Fixed updating from Moodle 2.3 for existing courses issue - CONTRIB-4743. Thanks to Kirill Astashov for this.
24th October 2013 Version 18.104.22.168 1. Fixed reset toggle instructions not working when only thing reset. 2. Fixed reset logic as was updating course format options when should not have done even though there would have been no effect. 3. Slight optimisation to 'renderer.php' for getting 'format_topcoll' object when already have it. 4. Slight optimisation to getting the strings for the current section 'light bulb'.
2nd October 2013 Version 22.214.171.124 1. Added: Bulb, Cloud, Eye, LED, Radio, Smiley, Square, Sun / Moon and Switch icon sets as a result of remembering about: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=220142. 2. Added instructions on how to use the toggles from a suggestion by Guido Rößling on Learn Moodle. 3. Added setting to turn on (default) / off the instructions at the course and site default level with 'Reset' and 'Reset all' capability. 4. Worked out how to get the reset options on the course settings page in-line in groups.
19th August 2013 Version 126.96.36.199 1. Fixed issue with the 'float: left' CSS style when used to ensure that the columns were displayed correctly in the 'vertical' column orientation. The fix is to use 'display: inline-block' instead but this does not work in IE7, so as it does in IE8+ and other browsers I'm going to have to go with it. Thanks to Ed Przyzycki for reporting this.
27th July 2013 - Version 188.8.131.52 1. Fixed issue with dates being shown on section zero with temporal structures. Thanks to Michael Turico for reporting this.
9th July 2013 - Version 2.5.3 1. Added the ability to set the position of the toggle as either left or right on a per course basis with a default setting. You need the 'changelayout' capability to be able to set this. 2. Gratefully crowd funded on Moodle Garage -> http://www.moodlegarage.com/projects/collapsed-topics-left-to-right/.
26th June 2013 - Version 184.108.40.206 1. Fixed issue with 'Notice: String offset cast occurred in togglelib.php on line 68' when running on PHP 5.4. Thanks to Halldór Kristjánsson (https://moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=1611408) for reporting this.
24th June 2013 - Version 220.127.116.11 1. Fixed CONTRIB-4436 with a 'blocker' bug on V2.5.2 below with backups failing (do not ever install this version unless you want to test your disaster recovery procedures). Thanks to Mike Turico for reporting it. Note to self and all, using html tags in the 'get_section_name()' method in 'lib.php' will break backups and trash your database.
6th June 2013 Version 18.104.22.168 1. Implemented MDL-39764 to fix maxsections < numsections issue. 2. Reversed the order of the history in this file for easy reading. 3. Cleaned up some of the CSS. 4. Changes to 'renderer.php' because of MDL-21097.
14th May 2013 Version 2.5.1 - Stable 1. First stable version for Moodle 2.5 stable.
12th May 2013 - Version 22.214.171.124 - Beta 1. Changes for MDL-39542.
9th May 2013 - Version 126.96.36.199 - Beta 1. Fixed coding fault with resetting introduced in capabilities change. 2. Fixed coding fault with language string in layout settings.
8th May 2013 - Version 188.8.131.52 - Beta 1. Fixed "When in 'Show one section per page' mode and the column orientation is set to 'Horizontal' the sections on the main page do not fill their correct width. This is due to the use of the 'section_summary()' method which needs to be changed within the format to set the calculated width on the 'li' tag." because the core fix I submitted on MDL-39099 has now been integrated. Thus requiring version 2013050200.00 2.5beta+ (Build: 20130502). 2. Changed the layout descriptions to be more 'positive' in nature. Should be backwards compatible in terms of languages. From a suggestion by Guido Hornig. 3. Added automatic 'Purge all caches' when upgrading. If this appears not to work by lack of display etc. then perform a manual 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches'.
29th April 2013 - Version 184.108.40.206 - Beta 1. Fixed non-referenced member variable bug which showed up as 'undefined' but should have been a reference error in testing. 2. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
27th April 2013 - Version 220.127.116.11 - Beta 1. Thanks to ideas from Ben Kelada and help from Andrew Nicols / Tim Hunt, I have made the event handing toggle functions more efficient. 2. Fixed an obscure bug with '$defaultuserpreference' in 'format.php' not being parsed to 'M.format_topcoll.init' in 'module.js'. 3. Removed '.jumpmenu' from styles.css because of MDL-38907. 4. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
12th April 2013 - Version 18.104.22.168 - Beta 1. First 'Beta' release for Moodle 2.5 Beta. 2. Note: Date in version file (2013041500) is greater than actual date code released publically to facilitate updates to Moodle 2.4 version. 3. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
11th April 2013 - Version 2.4.4 1. Implemented the administrator setting for the format so that the default state of the toggles can be set to 'all closed' or 'all opened' for new users. Thanks to Jamie Burgess (https://moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=1489185) for the idea. 2. Realised that Tablets have more space, so allow two columns even when two or more are set. 3. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
16th March 2013 - Version 22.214.171.124.1 1. Fixed toggle peristence issue caused by code checking the code and not realising the implications of '==='. Thanks to Marc Hermon for reporting this. 2. Implemented round toggle borders to reduce the harshness and integrate with jQueryMobile themes in line with Moodle 2.3 version. 3. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
8th February 2013 - Version 2.4.3 1. Taking inspiration from the IEC 5009 standard standby symbol as described on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_symbol and a suggestion with the + / - symbols by Ben Kelada on CONTRIB-4098. I have used the 'standby' concept as Moodle is on and waiting for input. 2. I created the icons in Paint.Net and are released under the same GPL licence as the rest of Collapsed Topics and indeed Moodle. 3. Implemented 'Icon sets' such that the user can choose what set of icons they wish to use without complex code changes. I am hoping that this will spark more 'sets' to incorporated in the main release from users. 4. Added the ability to control if the toggle all icons will change when hovered over, for Rick Jerz. 5. Moved all 'tcconfig.php' default functionalty to 'Site Administration -> Plugins -> Course formats -> Collapsed Topics' so that defaults can be changed by the administrator from within Moodle without resorting to code changes. 6. Added capabilities 'format/topcoll:changelayout', 'format/topcoll:changecolour', 'format/topcoll:changetogglealignment' and 'format/topcoll:changetoggleiconset' to editing teachers and managers such that site administrators can choose to disable functionality through roles if they wish. In order for this to work the version number must be updated. 7. Code cleaned with 'code-checker' - not finished yet - no functional changes. 8. Added toggle icons to the selection boxes of the edit settings and plugin settings. Does not work with Chrome - known browser issue. 9. Changed this readme to 'Markdown' format. 10. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches'.
23rd January 2013 - Version 126.96.36.199 1. Further tweaks for toggle line height and to make work in IE9 with and without IE7 mode. 2. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
11th January 2013 - Version 188.8.131.52 - Further improvements inspired by CONTRIB-4098. 1. Changed 'Latest Week' to 'Current Week' to be less confusing. 2. Added 'Reporting Issues' to this file. 3. Please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches' when upgrading.
10th January 2013 - Version 184.108.40.206 - Improvements inspired by CONTRIB-4098 - Thanks to Michele Turre and Rick Jerz. 1. Changed the direction of the up arrow in line with the navigation block. 2. Refactored the global constant structure in tcconfig.php to be a class with constants, thus removing the 'globalness'. 3. Added ability to determine the alignment of the toggle text, left, centre or right. 4. Fixed version year which was still stuck at 2012 - please ensure you use this version when upgrading rather than a previous 2013 release. 5. If upgrading, please perform a 'Purge all caches' under 'Home -> Site administration -> Development -> Purge all caches'.
5th January 2013 - Version 220.127.116.11 1. In applying versions 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to the Moodle 2.3 version I considered that when a section had a name that the date should be after and not before. Thereby being more aesthetically pleasing.
3rd January 2013 - Version 126.96.36.199 1. Fixed unexpected issue when the number of sections is '0'. Thanks to 'Aylwin Cal' for reporting this.
2nd January 2013 - Version 188.8.131.52 1. Fixed unexpected issue with changes made to 'get_section_name()' in lib.php in version 184.108.40.206 caused course backup to fail. This was due to the inclusion of a 'br' tag to make the section name and date look effective. I have refactored to apply the 'br' tag formatting in renderer.php instead. The down side of this being the navigation window does not contain the date when a section name is set. Apart from doing a lot of string splitting in renderer.php to insert the 'br' tag in the right place, there is no other way of solving this - and I consider for efficiency and clutter that the date should be omitted in this circumstance.
31st December 2012 - Version 220.127.116.11 1. Fixed missing date text in week / day based structures that were in 2.2 versions and below. Thanks to Michael Turico for informing me of this. 2. Moved edit section icon to the right of the toggle as it was not click-able on the toggle itself. 3. Changed format.js to have better results when moving sections - I hope.
19th December 2012 - Version 18.104.22.168 1. Minor refactor to remove redundant parameter on 'section_nav_selection()' in 'renderer.php'.
17th December 2012 - Version 2.4.1 - Stable 1. Tested completely fix for CONTRIB-4065. 2. Re-factored to remove global '$tcsettings' and place in 'lib.php' so code is more OO. 3. Code now considered stable.
12th December 2012 - Version 22.214.171.124 - Beta - Do not install on production sites. 1. Fix for CONTRIB-4065.
4th December 2012 - Version 126.96.36.199 - Beta - Do not install on production sites. 1. Adjusted logic of optional postfixed 'Toggle' word because of 'drag and drop section name' issue. 2. Moved reset code to custom group box on course editing form thanks to Marina Glancy on MDL-35218. 3. Added the course display option as a default in 'tcconfig.php' so that all new CT courses are set to this value. 4. Reset now incorporates the course display option to put it back to the default. 5. Removed old reset form, icon and CSS.
3rd December 2012 - Version 188.8.131.52 - Beta - Do not install on production sites. 1. Fixed drag and drop section name issue. 2. Implemented a few suggestions by Marina Glancy on MDL-35218. 3. Updated required version to first stable release.
1st December 2012 - Version 184.108.40.206 - Beta - Do not install on production sites. 1. Beta version for Moodle 2.4 with one new known issue 'When moving sections around in editing mode the toggle name and section summary do not update until page refresh.' 2. Do not install on a production site. 3. Feedback appreciated though the course format forum (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=47) or Moodle messaging (moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=442195). 4. Using the colour picker for the toggle colours no longer requires a prefixing hash for the hexadecimal number. 5. Three new language strings added: 'numbersections', 'ctreset' and 'ctreset_help' to the English file, others to follow. 6. I have tested using Zend Server 5.6.0 Community Edition (MySQL DB) on Windows 7 with Chrome 23.0.1271.95: - Upgrading from Moodle 2.2 and 2.3. - Restoring 2.2 and 2.3 courses. - Resetting to defaults for the 'current course' and 'all courses' as an administrator. - Course backup and restore. - Toggle persistence on and off. - AJAX section move (with section name & summary caveat). - Course layout and colour settings. - Deleting the course. - Moving from the 'topics' format. - One section per page setting. - Invalid number of columns in the database, both low and high. However, this is not exhaustive, therefore if you are able to test on different environments and upgrades from older versions of Moodle, then that would be helpful. 7. I am currently deliberating on the issues raised on CONTRIB-4018 which apply to this version too. If you have any thoughts / solutions, please comment on the tracker, thank you.
2nd August 2012+ - Version 220.127.116.11 - Do not install on production sites. 1. Development for Moodle 2.4. 2. Major changes for course formats refactoring - MDL-35218 - mainly to do with moving the settings into the course settings.
9th November 2012 - Version 18.104.22.168 1. Fixed issue with wrong text colour being used for the current right section text. Had to use 'left' side selector for getting the correct text colour on the right for the current section. This is because the selector '.course-content .current .left' defines the colour in the theme and therefore any CT specific 'right' implementation would not work for all themes. 2. Tweaked CSS for 'Anomaly', 'Afterburner', 'MyMobile' and 'Rocket' themes.
23rd October 2012 - Version 22.214.171.124 1. Fixed issue with wrong colour being used for current section background. Thanks to Rick Jerz for reporting this.
18th October 2012 - Version 126.96.36.199 1. Fixed potential issue when the course is first accessed and there is no user preference. 2. Identified that sometimes when restoring a course, it is accessed for the first time and a toggle is clicked a 'Error updating user preference 'topcoll_toggle_x'' (where 'x' is the course id as shown in the URL 'id=x') can occur. I'm not completely sure why this is happening as the 'user_preference_allow_ajax_update' call in 'format.php' should establish that the user preference can be set. Could be a page cache thing as the 'init' code is getting the course id unlike an issue I'm currently experiencing with the MyMobile theme - MDL-33115. The work around is to refresh the page.
10th September 2012 - Version 188.8.131.52 1. Fixed 'Warning: Illegal string offset 'defaultblocks' in ...\topcoll\config.php on line 39' issue when operating with developer level debugging messages under PHP 5.4.3. This was due to 'config.php's inclusion in 'lib.php' with a 'require_once' function call. Somehow Moodle core must include this file in another way. Therefore collapsed topics specific settings have been placed in a new file 'tcconfig.php' and all files changed to reflect this. Thanks to Paul Nijbakker for spotting this issue.
3rd September 2012 - Version 2.3.8 1. Changes to 'renderer.php' because of MDL-28207 - thus requiring Moodle 2.3.1 2012062501.09 (Build: 20120809). 2. Implemented MDL-34798 which I reported for AJAX section moving. 3. Integrated CONTRIB-3827 to fix proliferation of CSS styles across other course formats. 4. Change to 'format.php' because of MDL-34829. 5. Sorted wording of 'light bulb' when editing. 6. Integrated CONTRIB-3825 to fix upgrade issue when converting a non-MySQL the database. 7. Implemented MDL-34858 which I reported as a section zero default name issue. 8. Implemented MDL-34917 which I reported as an improvement. Code is slightly different, feedback appreciated. 9. Make toggle titles bold and change 'all toggles' to 'all sections', from comments made on MDL-35048. 10. Cherry picked Luiggi's change https://github.com/luiggisanso/moodle-format_topcoll/commit/9bd818f5a4efb347aef4f5154ea2930526552bfc 11. Figured out how to use 'pix:' for URL's in css for the format, so have changed so that the images are now controlled by css classes. This means that it is now possible to override them in your theme in css. The following is the selectors for the various images, override the 'background' attribute:
12. Checked operation in 'MyMobile' theme, all seems good except bottom left and right navigation links in 'One section per page' mode. HTML is identical to that of 'Topics' format bar difference classes higher up the document object model to distinguish 'Collapsed Topics' from 'Topics'. Hopefully will be resolved when MDL-33115 implemented.
1st August 2012 - Version 184.108.40.206 1. Changes to 'renderer.php' because of MDL-33767. 2. Tidied up some of the logic in 'renderer.php'. 3. Made 'format.php' more adaptable to old style section 'x' only urls. 4. Made inclusion of 'config.php' in 'lib.php' more precise. 5. Removed 'callback_topcoll_get_section_url' in 'lib.php' because it is no longer required by 'load_generic_course_sections' in '/lib/navigationlib.php'. 6. Added 'currentsection' string to '/lang/en/format_topcoll.php' - thanks to Carlos Kiyan Tsunami. 7. Shrunk the settings icon to 75% of the original size so that it is not so 'in your face' and added instructions on the left. The instructions are in the 'en' langauge file as the 'formatsettingsinformation' string for translation.
11th July 2012 - Version 220.127.116.11 1. Updated french lanugage file thanks to Luiggi Sansonetti. 2. Fixed an issue with section zero summary not showing - thanks Chris Adams 3. Attempted automated upgrade in 'upgrade.php' to cope with issues users are experiencing. Altered upgrade from Moodle 1.9, 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2 instructions to reflect this. Version control for older versions less than Moodle 2.3 needs to follow a 'branching date' strategy for this to work properly - http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=206647#p901061. This was sparked by CONTRIB-3765. 4. Tidied up and clarified the instructions for upgrading.
3rd July 2012 - Version 2.3.7 Stable - Completion of CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3. 1. Test and tidy up code. 2. Placed check and correction for columns out of range 1-4 in renderer.php. 3. Cope with backups from Moodle 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2. 4. Cope when sections are not shown in column calculations. 5. Test with MyMobile to understand underlying issue.
29th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7rc5 - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Test and tidy up code.
28th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7rc4 - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Corrected an issue in 'renderer.php' for the overridden method 'print_multiple_section_page()' so that section 0 has a name displayed if there is one - see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=205724. 2. Ensured that only one column is present when using the MyMobile theme regardless of setting. 3. Made work to a greater extent with the MyMobile theme - not quite as the theme intends as all changes within CT. 4. Tidied up left and right sides to be language specific when not editing for variations in the words 'Topic' and 'Week'. 5. Optimised open and close all toggles such that persistence is now only one AJAX call to update the user preferences instead of one per section.
27th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7rc3 - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Put layout columns into backup and restore code. 2. Tidy up instructions in this readme. 3. A few slight alterations for the MyMobile theme - MDL-33115.
26th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7rc2 - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Removed line that was related to the cookie functionality - thanks Hartmut Scherer and Kyle Smith on http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=204705. 2. Removed cookie consent code from lib.php. 3. To keep things clean for what will be a fresh install for all I have decided to remove the update code in update.php, so if you have previously installed a beta version please kindly follow step 4 of the 'Uninstallation Instructions' above after updating your code but before clicking on 'Notifications' to 'upgrade'. 4. Request from Kyle Smith to implement the functionality of being able to reset to defaults for all Collapsed Topics courses. I have made this for 'admins' only. 5. Added in multi-column functionality as a layout setting. Default in config.php. Can have one to four columns.
24th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7rc - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Removed cookie functionality in favour of user preferences via AJAX - see MDL-17084. 2. Updated instructions above to reflect changes. 3. Tidied up code and removed redundant files in this branch.
12th June 2012 - Version 2.3.7beta - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Completed bulk of code development, now 'Beta' version for testing.
3rd June 2012 - Version 2.3.7dev - CONTRIB-3652 development - rewrite for Moodle 2.3 1. Started rewrite of Collapsed Topics for Moodle 2.3 as course formats now use a completely new renderer system introduced in MDL-32508. 2. This branch now in 'Alpha' for stability as existing code does not work and reapplying old code in a progressive manner.
31st May 2012 - Version 18.104.22.168 - CONTRIB-3682 1. Fixed issue with students not being able to perform cookie consent because of incorrect application of requiring the capability of course update. 2. Code change done in line with other versions but format not working with development version.
20th May 2012 - Version 22.214.171.124.1 - CONTRIB-3655 1. Changes in module.js for MyMobile theme.
14th May 2012 - Version 126.96.36.199 1. Fixed slight issue with version number causing 'Site Administration -> Plugins -> Plugin Overview' to fail, please see 'http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=202578'.
3rd May 2012 - Version 188.8.131.52 1. Reverted back to unsigned data types in database due to error with MSSQL database code probably in core, but not essential change at this point in time - see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=201460. 2. Updated French translation thanks to Luiggi Sansonetti.
1st May 2012 - Version 2.3.6 - CONTRIB-3624
1. Implemented code to facilitate the ability to confirm with the user that it is ok to place the cookie 'mdl_cf_topcoll' on
their computer. This fucntionality can be switched on / off through the changing of
$TCCFG->defaultcookieconsent in the
format's 'config.php'. This functionality exists because I believe that the cookie is a 'Category 3' cookie in line with
the forthcoming UK EU Cookie Law - please see 'UK / EU Cookie Law' at the top of this file.
2. Fixed - Changing the language on the 'Settings' form produces an invalid Moodle URL.
4. A few fixes to changes made in version 2.2.5 where I had renamed table 'format_topcoll_layout' to 'format_topcoll_settings'
in the code.
5. Created a
$TCCFG object in the 'config.php' file to solve the 'globals' issue in 'lib.php'.
21st March 2012 - Version 184.108.40.206 1. Received an updated version of 'format_topcoll.php' from Luiggi Sansonetti for the French translation - Merci .
17th March 2012 - Version 220.127.116.11 1. Tried with restorelib.php in the root folder for importing Moodle 1.9 courses and did not work. So for tidiness, moved the Moodle 1.9 backup and restore code to backup/moodle1 folder. 2. So please note that restoring Moodle 1.9 courses in this course format will not retain the structure settings and will default to the values in 'config.php'. I hope to investigate and either fix or have this fixed. 3. Release '2012030100.02' of Moodle 2.3dev converted all tables to have signed integers in the function 'upgrade_mysql_fix_unsigned_columns()' in '/lib/db/upgradelib.php' called from 'upgrade.php' in the same folder. This included 'format_topcoll_layout' because of the code was written. This made it very difficult for me to create an effective upgrade in my own 'upgrade.php' because I would be converting what had already been converted if the format was installed and you were updating Moodle 2.3dev but if you install for the first time, the code has been written as such to have signed fields. Therefore if you have previously installed this format for Moodle 2.3, please remove the table 'format_topcoll_layout' from your database before upgrading. This is not quite brilliant, but I consider reasonable for this development version at this stage. 4. Implemented the change in 'format.php' introduced by MDL-31255, therefore you now require Moodle 2.3 version '2012031500.00'.
15th March 2012 - Version 2.3.4 - CONTRIB-3520 - Stable. 1. Completed files for 1.9 and placed in the root folder of the format in the hope that they are executed by the upgrade restoring code as they are in the Moodle 1.9 version of this issue. I think it is a Moodle core coding issue that they are not called in Moodle 2.x+ when importing a Moodle 1.9 course backup - need to investigate. 2. Translated the words 'Topic' and 'Week' in all language files so that the toggle bar is correct in all structures. If you are a native speaker I would appreciate translation of the rest as Google Translate is not so good with long sentences. 3. Added backup and restore instructions to this file.
14th March 2012 - Version 2.3.4 - BETA - CONTRIB-3520. 1. Added backup and restore functionality. If required when restoring a course 'Overwrite course configuration' needs to be 'Yes' to set the structure and elements correctly. 2. Added the function 'format_topcoll_delete_course' in 'lib.php' which will remove the entry in the 'format_topcoll_layout' table for the course when it is deleted. 3. Added language strings to the language files that were missing previous changes. Still in English at the moment in the hope a native speaker will translate them for me. I intend to translate the basics like 'Topic' and 'Week' though before release in line with what was already there.
2nd March 2012 - Version 18.104.22.168 1. Minor fix to ensure consistent use of $coursecontext and not $context.
29th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - Release Candidate 4 1. Updated Spanish language files thanks to Carlos Sánchez Martín. 2. Added setting default layout and structure to installation instructions. 3. Decided to have '$formcourselayoutstrutures' out of config.php to prevent possible future user error. 4. Spotted a minor issue with changing language whilst on the 'Set Layout' form. Added to known issues as very minor and rare as almost certainly the user will not have changed language on this form but would have done so beforehand. 5. Fixed duplicate entry issue in 'course_sections' table when the default structure is 'Current Topic First' and a new course is created.
1st March 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - Stable 1. Integrated Git Branch CONTRIB-3378 into stable branch master. 2. NOTE: If you have previously installed a Beta or Release Candidate please drop the table 'format_topcoll_layout' before use. 3. Removed redundant lib.js and lib_min.js in this branch.
28th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - Release Candidate 3 1. Tidied up 'module.js' to be more efficient in using the YUI instance given. 2. Updated installation and toggle state instructions. 3. Added uninstall procedure in the unlikely event that you need it.
NOTE: If uninstallation fails, drop the table 'format_topcoll_layout' and the entry for 'format_topcoll' in the table 'config_plugins' where tables are with the prefix you use, the default being 'mdl_'. Then delete the installation folder and replace with the current stable version.
25th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - Release Candidate 1
1. Added help information to the drop down options on the set layout form.
2. Tidied up to be consistent and use less words where required.
3. In format.php changed from depreciated
4. If you have previously installed a beta version you will need to drop the table 'format_topcoll_layout' in the database.
5. If you are a native speaker of a language other than English, I would be grateful of a translation of the new language
strings in 'lang/en/format_topcoll.php' under the comment 'Layout enhancement - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-3378'. Please
message me using the details in my Moodle profile 'http://moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=442195'.
18th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 8 1. CONTRIB-3225 - Added screen reader capability using 'h3' tags, the same as the standard Topics format.
15th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 7
1. Added strings for MDL-26105 in format_topcoll.php.
2. Used non-depreciated 'create_table' method in 'upgrade.php'.
3. Finally worked out how to ensure that the 'Settings Block' displays the course and not front page administration by using
12th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 6 1. Fixed CONTRIB-3283 in lib.js (and hence lib_min.js) for when you are in display only 'Section x' mode and the number of sections is reduced, you go back to the course with a section number for you in the database that no longer exists and the 'Jump to...' drop down box does not work. Leading to having to change the database or the value of 'ctopics' in the URL to that of a valid one. 2. Added 'callback_topcoll_get_section_url' in 'lib.php' for MDL-26477. 3. Corrected slight mistake with version number.
11th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 5 1. Implemented the capability to have different 'structures' thereby encapsulating the 'Collapsed Weeks' and 'Latest First' formats into this one. 2. If you have previously installed this development, you need to drop the table 'format_topcoll_layout' in your database to upgrade as I do not wish to have a complicated upgrade.php in the db folder at this stage whilst development continues. 3. As a consequence of some changes, the Spanish translation now needs fixing, sorry Carlos.
8th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 4 1. A big thank you to Andrew Nicols for his contribution on the developer forum http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=195293. 2. Implemented the fixes and suggestions to tidy up the code as specified by Andrew above. 3. Implemented Spanish translations thanks to Carlos Sánchez Martín.
5th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 3 1. A big thank you to Carlos Sánchez Martín spotting issues in set_layout.php. 2. Fixed issues in set_layout.php. 3. Tidied up code to remove debug statements and development code. 4. Created icon for setting the layout instead of words. 5. Made strings in the English language file for the layout options and 'Set layout format'. Others to follow. 6. Raised CONTRIB-3378 to document the development.
4th February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 2 1. A big thank you to Carlos Sánchez Martín for his help in discovering the install.xml bug. 2. Fixed issue with install.xml file, gained knowledge on uninstallation for the note below:
2nd February 2012 - Version 2.3.3 - BETA 1. Added capability for layouts with persistence in the database.
3rd January 2012 - Version 22.214.171.124.1 - Moodle Tracker MDL-30632 1. Use consistent edit section icon.
9th December 2011 - Version 126.96.36.199 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-3295 1. Fixed issue of the web browser miscaluating the width of the content in 'editing' mode so that the sections are less than 100%.
11th October 2011 - Version 1.3.1 - Branched from Moodle 2.0.x version. 1. Updated version.php to be fully populated. 2. MDL-29188 - Formatting of section name. Causing Moodle 2.1.x branch of Collapsed Topics.
6th October 2011 - Version 1.3 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2975, CONTRIB-3189 and CONTRIB-3190. 1. CONTRIB-2975 - AJAX support reinstated after working out a way of swapping the content as well as the toggle. Solution sparked off by Amanda Doughty. 2. CONTRIB-3189 - Reported by Benn Cass that text in IE8- does not hide when the toggle is closed, solution suggested by Mark Ward - please see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=183875. 3. CONTRIB-3190 - In realising that to make CONTRIB-2975 easier to use I suggested 'Toggle all' functionality and the community said it was a good idea with no negative comments, please see http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176806.
9th June 2011 - Version 1.2.3 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2975 - Unfinished. 1. AJAX support temporarily withdrawn due to issue with moving sections and the toggle title not following. Complex to resolve.
30th May 2011 - Version 1.2.2 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2963 1. Added in copyright and contact information.
12th May 2011 - Version 1.2.1 - Fixed typo with this readme in expiring cookie duration example.
9th May 2011 - Version 1.2 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2925 1. Convert all language files to UTF-8 encoding.
12th March 2011 - Version 1.1 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2747 1. Make the toggle state last beyond the user session if desired. 2. Changes made for MDL-25927 & MDL-23939. 3. Because of 'displaysection' logic issue introduced with MDL-23939, I've decided to allow the showing of a single topic regardless of being in editing mode or not. I think that the improved functionality of showing the topic fully when in 'single topic' mode will be fine.
Released Moodle 2.0 version. Treat as completed and out of development. 25th November 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - Changes as follows: 1. As Moodle 2.0 was released on the 24th November now using lib_min.js. 2. Tidied up and removed any development code / styles that was not being used. 3. Sorted out topic spacing for Internet Explorer 7 and below. This also has the side effect bonus of not allowing section content to appear above the toggle when the toggle is open and closed with the mouse - reload is not affected. This only affects Internet Explorer 7-, other web browsers work as expected. 4. Removed when no summary as putting in spacing that was pointless and made the section look odd. 5. Removed redundant $timenow = time() line as not used. Strangely this is in the topic format's format.php - MDL-25417 raised.
20th November 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - Changes as follows: 1. In format.php added completionlib.php include as a result of MDL-24698. 2. In lib.php fixed non-functioning code added as a result of MDL-22647 which means that the navigation block will correctly display the right wording for the section names: 'General' for section 0, 'Topic' for other sections unless they have names defined by the user on the course, in which case they will be displayed. Language changes of the 12th November will give translations for 'General' and 'Topic'.
12th November 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 & CONTRIB-2497 - Changes as a result of MDL-25072: 1. Movement of ajax capable stating 'code' from ajax.php to lib.php. 2. As a consequence, ajax.php removed. 3. Added German, French, Spanish (Spain, Mexico and International), Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil too) and Welsh. I used Google Translate! If inaccurate, please let me know! 4. Added the string 'topcolltogglewidth' to the relevant language file and amended format.php so that the word 'Topic' when translated fits within the toggle.
6th November 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - Changes as follows: 1. ajax.php changed to add more browser support as a result of MDL-22528. 2. format.php changed in light of MDL-24680, MDL-24895, MDL-24927. 3. Fixed edit icon showing even when not in edit mode. A big thank you to [Peeush Bajpai] (http://moodle.org/user/profile.php?id=1127356) - for spotting this and suggesting the fix. 4. Added Dutch language. Thanks to Pieter Wolters for this.
12th September 2010 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-2355 & CONTRIB-1471 1. CONTRIB-2355 - Added the ability to remove 'topic x' and the section number from being displayed. To do this, open up format.php in a text editor - preferably with line numbers displayed - such as Notepad++ - and read the instructions on lines 216 and 226. 2. CONTRIB-1471 - Changes as a result of MDL-14679.
31st July 2010 - Summary of developments towards release version as I keep pace with Moodle 2.0 changes: 13th April 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - Changes as a result of MDL-15252, MDL-21693 & MDL-22056. 24th April 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - Fixed section jump when in 'Show only topic x' mode. 31st May 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 - thanks to Skodak in 1.120 of format.php in the topics format - 'summaryformat' attribute in section class. 11th June 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 as a result of MDL-22647 - Changes to Moodle 2.0 call-backs in lib.php. 3rd July 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 as a result of MDL-20475 & MDL-22950. 30th July 2010 - CONTRIB-1471 as a result of MDL-20628 and CONTRIB-2111 - in essence, sections now have a name attribute, so this can be used for the topic name instead of the section summary - far better.
16th February 2010 - Moodle Tracker CONTRIB-1825
1. Removed the capability to 'Show topic x' unless editing as confusing to users.
2. Removed redundant 'aToggle' as existing
$course->numsections already contained the correct figure
and counting toggles that are displayed causes an issue when in 'Show topic x' mode as the toggle
number does not match the display number for the specific element.
3. Removed redundant calls to
get_context_instance(CONTEXT_COURSE, $course->id) as result already
stored in $context variable towards the top - so use in more places.
23rd January 2010 - Moodle Tracler CONTRIB-1756 1. Put instructions in the CSS file 'topics_collapsed.css' on how you can define theme based toggle colours. 2. Redesigned the arrow to be more 'modern'.
21st August 2009 - 1. Fully comment code for future reference. 2. Please see the documentation on http://docs.moodle.org/en/Collapsed_Topics_course_format
16th July 2009 - Moodle 2.0 Development Version This is now the 2.0 development version under the HEAD CVS Tag.
28th June 2009 - Version 1.2 - Persistence - tested on Moodle 1.9.5. 1. Persistence is session based on a per user per course basis. 2. Cookies must be enabled for it to work. 3. I need to tidy up the code and remove the development comments. 4. I would like to slightly alter the binary string to be an array. 5. I would like to make the lib.js functions a part of a class for future proofing. 6. Sort out page refresh event so that it works instead of saving the cookie every time a toggle is toggled.
3rd March 2009 - Version 1.1 Adjusted the Topic Toggle to make the topic summary standout more.
2nd March 2009 - Version 1.0
1st March 2009 - Version 0.2
21st February 2009 - Version 0.1
Version control information
- Version control system (VCS)
- VCS repository URL
- VCS branch
- VCS tag
Default installation instructions for plugins of the type Course formats
- Make sure you have all the required versions.
- Download and unpack the module.
- Place the folder (eg "myformat") in the "course/format" subdirectory.
- Visit http://yoursite.com/admin to finish the installation