Blocks: Integrity Advocate Block
Integrity Advocate is a tool for online identity verification and participation monitoring. You can use it as an online exam proctor. Online proctoring monitors a test taker using a webcam, mic and access to the screen of the candidate.
Use of this plugin requires purchasing a paid service - please visit IntegrityAdvocate to get the credentials needed to be able to use this plugin.
The Integrity Advocate plugins allow Moodle to show a proctoring interface to students, interact with the Integrity Advocate service, and show proctoring results to instructors.
The IntegrityAdvocate block plugin can be added to Moodle activities and makes the IntegrityAdvocate proctoring interface show up for students, and gives instructors a way to view IntegrityAdvocate results. See also What are Moodle blocks?
The IntegrityAdvocate resrict access plugin can be added to a Moodle activities and prevents access to activities and resources depending on the IntegrityAdvocate results in another activity. It requires the IntegrityAdvocate block plugin. See also What are activity restrictions?
Please visit Support for Integrity Advocate
Bugs / Issue Tracker
We take privacy and security seriously. Any security issues can most responsibly be disclosed to email@example.com
This plugin does not store any data in Moodle. In order to function properly, this plugin sends data to the Integrity Advocate API. This data includes:
- User: full name, email, Moodle user id number;
- Enrolment: course-module id;
- Video session: identification card image, session start, session end, video of the user completing the activity;
- Override: override date, overrider full name, override reason, override status.
This info is sent using 256-bit encryption (the same used by major financial institutions), meaning your data is kept safe and secure. Integrity Advocate also restricts access by insecure web browsers to ensure data security.
Please see Integrity Advocate Privacy for more info.
Requirements for installation
- Purchase an API key and App ID from Integrity Advocate.
- Moodle 3.4 and above - see What version of Moodle am I using?
- You need administrator privileges in your Moodle instance.
- Completion must be enabled at the site level and course level - see Enabling course completion.
- Moodle cron must be running often, ideally every minute or two - see Setting up cron on your system.
Requirements for students
- A recent browser version.
- Disable all browser ad blockers (e.g. uBlock) and privacy plugins (e.g. Privacy Badger) - see How to Disable AdBlock on Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge or Opera.
There are two components to download and install:
The block can be added to Moodle activities and makes the IntegrityAdvocate proctoring interface show up for students, and shows instructors an overview button so they can view IA results. See also What are Moodle blocks?
The optional availability restriction (condition) prevents access to a course module depending on the IA results in another module.
Installation and setup
Please see the Wiki Installation instructions